Author Topic: PMDG 777 Cargo Loader  (Read 4793 times)

yimi

PMDG 777 Cargo Loader
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:31:09 am »
I'm having a few issues using the PMDG 777 and GSX.

1) I keep getting a GSX message that says "Waiting for your action: open exit 2" when I choose the deboarding option in the GSX menu. I open up every single door on the plane and it still gives me that message.

2) When I choose the de-board option I have 2 cargo loaders show up right next to each other at the aft cargo door. One is a Commander 15i and the other is the Commander 30i. I understand that the Commander 30i was an update for the 777 Freighter so that it can reach the main cargo doors. But right now I have a pax 777 loaded in FSX and I don't want the 30i to show up. How do I get rid of it and get 1 cargo loader at the forward and aft cargo doors?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 Cargo Loader
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:07:33 am »
1) I keep getting a GSX message that says "Waiting for your action: open exit 2" when I choose the deboarding option in the GSX menu. I open up every single door on the plane and it still gives me that message.

As explained in many other threads about the same question, if you see the exit referenced as "Exit 2", which is the generic name GSX use for an airplane that is not recognized, it means you have a customization file for it, either made by yourself OR downloaded, that is taking precedence over the native GSX support for the airplane, which will refer to the Exits with the names used by PMDG.

The solution has been discussed in many threads, and is:

- Reset the airplane configuration in the GSX Airplane configuration editor, pressing the Reset button

- Being sure that you haven't manually placed another GSX.CFG file in the main airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777

- Restart FSX or Restart Couatl after doing both operations.

I understand that the Commander 30i was an update for the 777 Freighter so that it can reach the main cargo doors. But right now I have a pax 777 loaded in FSX and I don't want the 30i to show up. How do I get rid of it and get 1 cargo loader at the forward and aft cargo doors?

The Commander 30i is NOT an "freighter loader" which is supposed to go only on main deck cargo doors. It's an UNIVERSAL low/hi loader, which is valid for both lower and high deck cargo station so, there's no reason why you would prefer that one over the 15i, because the 30i is also designed to be used on the lower deck:

http://pilotjohn.com/manuals/LoaderFMCCOMMANDERc30i.pdf

"Universal Lower Deck and Main Deck Loader"

The Commander 30i services these aircraft:

"Lower Lobe - 747, 767, 777, MD-11, DC-10, L-1011, A-300, A-310, A-330, A-340, A-380, 767 125” wide door"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:09:51 am by virtuali »

yimi

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:52:11 am »
- I reset the airplane config. manager and pressed the reset button.

- I then restarted Couatl and restarted FSX.

- When I load the 777 I still get the "open exit 2" message.

-There are no GSX.cfg files in my FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG777 folders.

Also could you take a look at my first post and look at the screenshot? I have 2 cargo loaders that appear at the aft cargo door right next to each other. One should appear at the forward cargo door and one at the aft. But I am getting 2 at the aft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:26:11 am »
- I reset the airplane config. manager and pressed the reset button.

- I then restarted Couatl and restarted FSX.

- When I load the 777 I still get the "open exit 2" message.

-There are no GSX.cfg files in my FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG777 folders.

I'm sorry, but that's not possible. Of course, I assume you HAVE installed the latest updates, otherwise there wouldn't be any support for the PMDG 777 in the first place.

Also could you take a look at my first post and look at the screenshot? I have 2 cargo loaders that appear at the aft cargo door right next to each other. One should appear at the forward cargo door and one at the aft. But I am getting 2 at the aft.

Again, this indicates the airplane configuration is wrong. Since the one that comes with GSX is obviously correctly, the only possible explanation is one of the following:

- You haven't removed a custom configuration you either created or downloaded (see above how to remove it)

OR

- There's no GSX support for the PMDG 777, which can only happen if you haven't installed the latest Live Updates.

If you chose to ignore a Live update by mistake, you can get the updated files by reinstalling GSX, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.