Author Topic: Couatl power product missing  (Read 9709 times)

postman41258

Couatl power product missing
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:21:03 am »
I have installed PHNL and Hawaii airports #1, PHNL and PHTO are working fine but PHLI has no buildings. I see this is a common problem after reading the forums. I have uninstalled and re-installed Hawaii #1 and still the problem is there. I notice that the Couatl program is not listed as is the Add-on Manager in the ADD-ON tab in FSX when at PHLI. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?  :-\ I am not sure why Couatl is crashing when I go to PHLI!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl power product missing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:49:03 am »
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

postman41258

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »
I have McAfee anti-virus program and it will not allow me to exclude the two files from scanning. I did however uninstall and re-install as per your instructions an still no buildings at PHLI. Everything works great at PHTO and PHNL, the Couatl program is working fine at those airport, it's only crashing at PHLI.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:03:37 pm »
the Couatl program is working fine at those airport, it's only crashing at PHLI.

Ok, that's a bit different, you never said anything in your first message about Couatl.exe crashing, I understood it was just missing.

Do you have an error log in the following folder ?

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

If yes, please post its content.

postman41258

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »
No, there is no Error Log in that folder

postman41258

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:13:26 pm »
Just to let you know , I just installed the demo  Hawaii airports volume #2 and no problem with them either. It's only PHLI that the Couatl program is crashing at and there is no error log listed in the folder you said to look in.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:50:19 am »
Do you see *something* when you go to PHLI ? Like an error message ?

postman41258

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »
No error message when loading PHLI.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »
I'm sorry, but can't replicate this in any way. Are you sure you have everything updated ? Try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, and install it after everything else.

postman41258

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:55:57 am »
Thanks for your help, the Stand Alone Add-on Manager did the trick. All is well and working fine, again thank you!