Author Topic: Unstable rotorcraft problem  (Read 4212 times)

burner12

Unstable rotorcraft problem
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:39 am »
I don't know why but after reinstalling FSX and Xcel I started trying to fly helos but the controls are skewed. I calibrated the joystick and it's fine for planes. But whenever I try to move a helo forward and push forward on the stick it makes the nose go down and to the left. I also have a small rudder issue with the aircraft always wanting to move to the left via the rudder. Autorudder slightly solved that but it still does it. Any help would be appreciated...

skimmer

Re: Unstable rotorcraft problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:05 am »
I had similar once and I uninstalled joystick software and reinstalled and all was fine.Be sure you have the stick updates.This was with a Logitech joystick.

burner12

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:07:04 am »
I have a Thrustmaster, and not sure I have the disc to do that. or maybe it didn't come with a disc and I just forgot. But I can't figure out why does it work for airplanes but not helos?

Paul J

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »
Just a simple question, Burner: had you, or were you flying the heli's before the re-installation, or is heli flying a completely new experience?

burner12

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »
Just a simple question, Burner: had you, or were you flying the heli's before the re-installation, or is heli flying a completely new experience?
Oh I flown heli's before many times

Paul J

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »
In that case, Burner - what's so wrong about the control response that you're getting? In a normal situation one brings the rotor/engine/torque up into the green, and then applies some gentle collective, at the same time pushing forward with the stick and adding some anti-torque with the pedals: The heli will lift off with the nose dropping and beginning a forward climb, at, say a twenty-degree angle, with the nose down about ten degrees and the speed increasing. What do you get that's different to that?

About the only thing (I can think of!) that can cause control "issues" would be more than one controller set to the same control, so that there's a "mix" happening - or the wrong control is applied to the cyclic pitch?

Mark Richards

• VATSIM
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:25 pm »
Have you tried disabling the FS controls and using FSUIPC to control it?

I think you will find it much more stable.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
Mark Richards
Vice President Operations - VATSIM