Author Topic: Pushback at EDDK with GAP in wrong direction  (Read 4043 times)

Chris

Pushback at EDDK with GAP in wrong direction
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »
I have a problem at EDDK with German Airports installed. I am not using AES.
The pushback from position D4 and D6 (tried no other) is in the wrong direction.
http://home.arcor.de/creppel/push.jpg

I am not able to choose a direction or to edit something when on blocks.

Second I must say that the whole pushback procedure is taking a little bit too long. From push until "good trip" it takes 4 minutes. This is about 1 min too long according to my real life passenger experience.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:40:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback at EDDK with GAP in wrong direction
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:23:19 pm »
I have a problem at EDDK with German Airports installed. I am not using AES. The pushback from position D4 and D6 (tried no other) is in the wrong direction.

Not a GSX problem, of course. GSX respects the Pushback direction set by the scenery designer in the AFCAD. Since those positions are set like that, GSX complies with it. In fact, it seems that all the D parking on Aerosoft EDDK have the Pushback preference reversed, the north parkings are all set to "Right", when they should be "Left", and the south parkings are set to "Left" when they should be "Right"

Since GSX must work with all FSX default airports, it complies with the FSX standard, where a "Left" pushback means TAIL on the Left and NOSE on the Right, and Right means "TAIL on the right and NOSE on the left".

I am not able to choose a direction

That you can't choose a direction is normal and is the intended behavior: if the Pushback is not set as "Both", like in this case, it would be wrong to offer a choice, when the scenery designer has explicitly set only one direction.

or to edit something when on blocks

This is normal too, because the airport has already been customized by GSX, so there's no customization option. However, if you don't want to fix the scenery AFCAD, you can re-enable the ability to customize the airport yourself, by removing the file named eddk_aerosoft.pye from the FsDreamteam\Couatl\GSX\Airports folder.

Second I must say that the whole pushback procedure is taking a little bit too long. From push until "good trip" it takes 4 minutes. This is about 1 min too long according to my real life passenger experience.

I don't think this is a difference large enough to indicate any problem, the pushback speed is linked by the walking speed of the wingwalker, which is tied to its walking animation and its stride distance. If we just raised the pushback truck speed, either the wingwalker wouldn't be able to cope with it, or we had to accelerate him too, which would result either in a accelerated funny-looking walking cycle or, if we simply adjusted the stride length, it will start to "slide" over the terrain, which would also look very wrong.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »
Thanks for fast answer. I never tried to edit an afcad.  :-\
I will try remove that pye file. Any disadvantage of this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:56 pm »
I will try remove that pye file. Any disadvantage of this?

That you'll lose our customization which, in case of that airport, simply indicated which gates have a jetway, which should be fairly easy to do with the GSX parking editor.