Author Topic: no catering after deboarding  (Read 2858 times)

fipsi

no catering after deboarding
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:58 am »
Hi everyone,

Whenever I call the deboarding vehicels, they never get finished, which means, the catering trucks won't appear at all. It says the passenger and baggage procedures have been finished, but altough, in the GSX (FS) menu stands I'd have to wait until they finished, so the catering service is able to show up, but that never happens. I tried to reset the position and to call the catering only, well that works but then I don't have baggage loaders. I've been lokking at thims problem for a certain time, but now thought that it might be better when I go with that problem to you.

I just remember that it worked in the first couple of days when GSX came out.

PS: Why did you guys put the limitation in that you gotta wait with ordering catering until baggage service has finished, I mean in real life, those are two different tasks and no one there has to wait for each other, at least not it that hard way.

Looking forward to hear from you soon

best wishes

Philipp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no catering after deboarding
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:42:40 am »
Whenever I call the deboarding vehicels, they never get finished, which means, the catering trucks won't appear at all

That doesn't happen here, I can surely ask a deboarding and catering immediately after, and catering vehicles comes normally when deboarding is finished.

Are you using the most current GSX version or, if you haven't installed the latest version, are you fully updated, including the optional vehicles download ? If you installed GSX with the current installer, the optional liveries are already included, but if you installed an older version and get all the Live Updates, you'll have the download the updated liveries for vehicles separately, because they don't come as Live updates, and there were a couple of missing liveries for the catering vehicles that could create exactly that problem, with catering not coming.

PS: Why did you guys put the limitation in that you gotta wait with ordering catering until baggage service has finished, I mean in real life, those are two different tasks and no one there has to wait for each other, at least not it that hard way

In real life there is a bit of overlap, but not much, especially between services involving passengers, see here the diagram on page 6:

http://ardent.mit.edu/airports/ASP_exercises/ASP%20Zerbib%20Ground%20Handling.pdf

As you can see, different services do overlap, but not really with passengers boarding/deboarding, there's just a very small overlap between deboarding and the start of cabin service, and no overlap at all with boarding so, GSX simulates this fairly realistic.

On top of that, there's an added complication that, if we allowed too many services at the same time, there might be issues of vehicles running into each other when arriving/returning.