Author Topic: Questions / Comments  (Read 10231 times)

mark767

Questions / Comments
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:33:00 am »

Having lots of fun with this addon.  A few things:

1) Any chance of having CARGO animations for those of us like the cargo aircraft ?

2) It would be good for future updates to allow limits on the catering truck and stairs as to whether they use 1 or 2 vehicles.  Many smaller 737's & A320's only use one truck.

3) Just messing around with it an Innsbruck and noticed the baggage truck driving right down the center of the runway to get to my aircraft.  I am guessing this is not how its done in real world.

Mark.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions / Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:18 am »
1) Any chance of having CARGO animations for those of us like the cargo aircraft ?

Sure, we'll initially add just pallet loaders for baggages, but a full cargo operation expansion is planned.

2) It would be good for future updates to allow limits on the catering truck and stairs as to whether they use 1 or 2 vehicles.  Many smaller 737's & A320's only use one truck.

You'll be able to customize this when we'll release an airplane editor.

3) Just messing around with it an Innsbruck and noticed the baggage truck driving right down the center of the runway to get to my aircraft.  I am guessing this is not how its done in real world.

GSX vehicle will prefer using vehicle paths, if the airport AFCAD has them. If there aren't, or there isn't another way, they'll use taxiways and, as last resort they'll cross runways too.

So, it's really an issue that must be checked with the AFCAD, if it has enough vehicle parkings, enough vehicle paths and on both sides of a runway, so the GSX vehicles shouldn't cross it to reach a gate.

mark767

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:58 am »

Thanks for the prompt replies.  Looking forward to the updates and I will double check that AFCAD at LOWI.

D_mitris

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 04:59:37 pm »

Small cosmetic things..

Are there any plans to add more nuetral colors for baggage such as brown and black?

Also, shouldn't the baggage guy and pushback driver be wearing ear protection like the wing walker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:31:32 pm »
Are there any plans to add more nuetral colors for baggage such as brown and black?

We surely want to but, even if it's a small feature, it's a bit tricky to do. Note that, with the next update, we'll have the pallet loader for baggage, which means there will be no luggages to be seen anymore, but the pallet itself will change depending on *your* airline ( so, the ground equipment will be chosen by airport, and the pallets by the airline of the user )

Also, shouldn't the baggage guy and pushback driver be wearing ear protection like the wing walker

Yes, that's fairly easy to do.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »
Note that, with the next update, we'll have the pallet loader for baggage, which means there will be no luggages to be seen anymore...

Why no luggage coming down the conveyor belt?  Pallets are for cargo planes...  :(
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

D_mitris

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:15 pm »
Thanks for the update.

I think most will agree that we want to keep two options open for luggage because I also enjoy seeing the luggage on the conveyor belt.   Maybe keep it an option so we can customize which way we want it in the GSX settings. 

The guy loading and unloading the luggage is my favorite part and adds the most realism in my opinion.

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »
Note that, with the next update, we'll have the pallet loader for baggage, which means there will be no luggages to be seen anymore...

Why no luggage coming down the conveyor belt?  Pallets are for cargo planes...  :(

Bruce that is not true planes like the Dc-10 Md-11 and Boeing 767, 777, use pallets containers. and they are passenger planes they are a few aircraft that are smaller that use the pallets like the A320 depending on the airline but they usually use the belt loaders for planes like Boeing 757 Airbus A320 737 md-80 etc etc

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/6/7/6/0267676.jpg

http://www.airteamimages.com/big96305.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:49:25 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 10:58:51 pm »
Bruce that is not true planes like the Dc-10 Md-11 and Boeing 767, 777, use pallets containers

Then what you get should be dependant on door height, like AES.  I fly default 737, which uses the belt loader.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Silverbird

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:10 pm »
Bruce that is not true planes like the Dc-10 Md-11 and Boeing 767, 777, use pallets containers

Then what you get should be dependant on door height, like AES.  I fly default 737, which uses the belt loader.

Hey Bruce Yea the belt loader is what usually is used on the 737  they could use the door height, or maybe something else in the aircraft.cfg.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47:08 pm »
We'll make an automatic selection based on the door height, but also with the ability to specify a loader preference (belt or pallet) per-airplane, which will be user-settable once we'll release the airplane editor.

Silverbird

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:48 pm »
We'll make an automatic selection based on the door height, but also with the ability to specify a loader preference (belt or pallet) per-airplane, which will be user-settable once we'll release the airplane editor.

Thank's Umberto the automatic selection and the user-settable is just perfect since its automatic but you give the users a way to chose with the airplane editor. also I have to say gsx is really something else especially  the support you and your team are putting into it.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

booforty

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:21 pm »
I hope GSX doesn't replace the belt loader on my freeware Concorde - which uses a very high rear passenger door (Concorde doesn't have cargo doors).  Watching the bags come down and be loaded onto the baggage truck is the best bit!

D_mitris

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »

I think this is the best solution that will make everyone happy.   Well done