Author Topic: NATOPS Carrier Qual Group  (Read 4549 times)

GOONIE

NATOPS Carrier Qual Group
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:35:39 pm »
Not sure if this group ever got flying, but with the NATOPS mission out and the football season over, wanted to see if people wanted to go flying this weekend, Feb 12th 1700 EST?

Wanted to get some day and maybe some night traps in. Also up for using Ventrillo and multi channel capability.

Let me know if people are interested and we can try to coordinate.

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: NATOPS Carrier Qual Group
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:45 pm »
do i have to talk to join your session? :P
english isnt my first language, so im kinda shy :S lol

what aircraft? ok to use VRS superbug?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:27 am »
CAPT...

Definately up for this.  Im working on a comprehensive README.txt for this latest installer, but once thats done, Ill be free to fly on the weekends.  This weekend should be perfect for flying.

Fael...

Yeah, you gotta talk to join up.  No big deal, we have several internationals.  Its not like its a MUST FLY THIS WAY type of session.  Actually, just getting started will be more of a "meet and greet" and get all the bugs ironed out session, more than anything.  It sounds like its easy but FSX is VERY FINICKY to say the least, especially in GameSpy.  I wouldnt advise bringing the Bug for the main reason that those of us who dont have it (myself, for one) will see a can of spam.  Not really interested in flying around with a can of Spam next to me.  Maybe for those that have the Bug and wanna fly we can try to get a "Bug capable session" going, so you can choose what airframe you want to fly.  I just wont be able to join that session for the above reason.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »
got it :)

GOONIE

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »
Great! Hope we can get a good group swarming around the boat  8)

Sludge, if you have any major updates to the Sludge Hornet or to the NATOPS mission, could you send them out or post where to download later this week? That way people can load these files previous to the session on Saturday, move things along so we can get in the air hopefully faster. Thanks.

fael097, do you use Skype? We typically use Skype for the multiplayer session, however Razgriz setup a Ventrillo server with dedicated comm freqs (LSO, approach, etc) and it has PTT functionality which is cool. Not sure if Raz will be flying or setting up the ventrillo server, so we might just use Skype to get setup and fly.

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:00 pm »
capthaltli, i use both skype and ventrilo, also used teamspeak, and ventrilo is by far the best solution for games. so awesome we have a ventrilo server :) if not, skype is ok aswell

Herbie

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 01:45:12 am »
capthaltli, i use both skype and ventrilo, also used teamspeak, and ventrilo is by far the best solution for games. so awesome we have a ventrilo server :) if not, skype is ok aswell

Where do you find NATOPS, is this Orions mission? How do you connect with Game-spy?, where do you get the IP# is this mine IP# or the Host IP#. Is there a Tutorial for New comers? I also read "ventrilo" got some problem with WIN7/64bits. Hope somebody can answer mine questions. Herb----------

Well, I was reading about Gamespy It's trouble some. Direct connection is a better choice. Found tis on the web: To join a Direct Connection session:

1. On the main menu, click Multiplayer.

2. In the "Connection options" area, select Local network (LAN).

3. Enter a Player name in the text box.

4. Click Sign In.

5. Click Connect Directly.

6. Enter the IP Address of the host's computer.

7. Click Find Sessions.

8. If prompted, enter the password the host provided.

9. Select the sesssion, click Join, and proceed through the rest of the screens as you normally would.

IOW, we don't need GameSpy to have AICarrier2 Ops sessions.

-John

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:41:10 am by Herbie »