Author Topic: Microsoft GAVE US PERMISSION!!!  (Read 71807 times)

neutrino

Re: Microsoft GAVE US PERMISSION!!!
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »
And when it comes to carrier landings, we have very objective and stringent criteria - everything must be done to the book and as close to the real world flying as possible.
I guess I won't post my pitching deck carrier ops video then :P.

Kidding!  I'll post it when it's ready ;).

Just don't crash the plane ;D

Orion

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:03 am »
Just don't crash the plane ;D
We'll see about that :P.

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:23 am »
Pitching deck !!! no way it can't be done IMHO  the best have tried and failed ;)
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

SUBS17

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2010, 01:41:33 am »

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that isn't anywhere near mastery.  You haven't seemed nice about what others thought in these posts, so I won't be either.  You're low in, and you keep going lower.  You're underpowered, and I have no clue who would land with full load of ordnance, even if you dumped gas to get below 44.

If you want, me and Sludge can hop on multiplayer and show you how men land.

Well as my IP told me after my first near miss, any landing you walk away from is a good landing. BTW this video is pretty much a perfect landing but the only mistake Sun444 made was he forgot to salute(shift g) before he launched. ;D

Heres another example of a good landing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:10:02 am by SUBS17 »

SUBS17

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2010, 01:52:12 am »
sun444, good video. It would be interesting for those posting videos to give details about how they were made (FRAPS?) and some computer specs also. I have edited the post about carrier landings to reflect the generic advice. Bear with me. Over the last year or so I have seen some very bad FSX carrier landing vids purporting to be 'good' when clearly they were not but so be it.

Yes I have to admit I am one of those people on youtube with the bad landings although I have seen worse. ;D

I'm working on better landings since now I'm CAG I have to set a good example.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2010, 02:56:27 am »
Raz...

Where the hell you been?!  Havent see you on here in a while...  Over at that VRS place?  Haha.

Simon...

Same for you, where you been hiding these days?!  We need to find some time to fly in the multiplayer.  I havent seen your "stick skills" with your new x52.  Nor have I done any serious "paddles" in a while.  Dont make me get out the grade book.

To all...

Once I get my new processor installed and running, Ill make a 30sec fraps video with the new HUD and Blackbox on the Sludge using the TopGun mission that I have setup and post it up here.  Might have NUKE my harddrive, then get everything restarted, you never know??... so be patient.  Im gonna do it this week.

BTW, its a PhenomIIx4 955 BE, and its on the way from newegg.com, so we will see how well it gets here and it should be a snap to install, then get it up and running.

Later
Sludge

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2010, 03:02:23 am »
SUBS17, in my mind anyway clearly there is a before and after the 'magic new HUD' in FSX Hornet ops. In your first video you have done well to be on centreline and stayed there, difficult to see other parameters but it looked good enough in the circumstances. However no carrier pilot is content except with the 'perfect pass' from the LSO and even then the pilot probably knows stuff he could have done better on that trap.  ;D  I'll look at the second video now. [Is not that original HUD just awful!?  :D  In comparison to the new improved clear HUD   ;D ]

2nd video critique (tongue in cheek as always): Continuing an approach with WAVE OFF flashing is never a good idea but we are in the 'before good HUD era' here. I reckon you must have flared at the end to avoid the ramp (going low again). I do free deck take offs if that is what we see... just start from the inevitable 'taxi 1' and hoik it off ASAP. ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:08:28 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Razgriz

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 05:00:22 am »
Sludge, go ahead and give me a call on skype.  I can explain there! :P

SUBS17

« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2010, 06:05:33 pm »
SUBS17, in my mind anyway clearly there is a before and after the 'magic new HUD' in FSX Hornet ops. In your first video you have done well to be on centreline and stayed there, difficult to see other parameters but it looked good enough in the circumstances. However no carrier pilot is content except with the 'perfect pass' from the LSO and even then the pilot probably knows stuff he could have done better on that trap.  ;D  I'll look at the second video now. [Is not that original HUD just awful!?  :D  In comparison to the new improved clear HUD   ;D ]

2nd video critique (tongue in cheek as always): Continuing an approach with WAVE OFF flashing is never a good idea but we are in the 'before good HUD era' here. I reckon you must have flared at the end to avoid the ramp (going low again). I do free deck take offs if that is what we see... just start from the inevitable 'taxi 1' and hoik it off ASAP. ;D

Thanks for the critique its always a good laugh hearing this stuff considering the fact that every 30s I was pushing a button to make those videos with Fraps hence the low FPS. I tried to make a similar video using the VRS SH in the Jet canyon race but the insane FPS kills that idea for now. ;D

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2010, 10:53:30 pm »
SUBS17, fair enough about 'free' FRAPS. Why not get a 'paid for' copy if you are serious about making FSX videos? For sure recording with FRAPS whilst flying is a frame rate killer. You should make that clear. Nevertheless the video shows some 'learning moments' - even if unintended.  ;D
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

SUBS17

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:00 am »
Yeah its amazing the precision one can fly at 3fps ;D, with my next PC I hope to get FRAPs and thats when I'll make a few videos of some of the cool stuff I do on FSX and other sims or what me and the 1stCAW get up to. It would be cool sometime to try the red bull air race in a VRS SH or the Sludge modded Hornet. 8)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2010, 02:12:54 am »
Aaah Sludge you sly ol' dog... ;D  sorry dude real life got in the way there for a while ..been out on tour with several artists drumming my heart out!!! :)  ...have really missed the multi sessions and the laughs ...will be around this saturday if all the regulars are available for a flight... will be in contact ...thought I would post this message on here and let everybody know that I have not fallen off the edge of the planet yet but are still alive and kicking :P (for those of you do who know me )
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

cl0ud

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2010, 01:19:42 am »
Hehe, I like a little confrontation ;D On this site it is usually very constructive. And when it comes to carrier landings, we have very objective and stringent criteria - everything must be done to the book and as close to the real world flying as possible. I sometimes even think we take carrier landings too seriously ;) But I also think everyone is open to criticism when he doesn't meet those standards. If you want to have fun - no one will bother you, but if you say "3/4 mile, Hornet, ball" - you either do it or you don't  - no points for second place  ;D

True, that.

-cl0ud

Tregarth

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »

Aren't some of these posts a little off subject? 

Sludge has asked for people to help him work on this fantastic opportunity which he has earned by dint of his skill, hard work and commitment.  I don't see videos of carrier landings, although interesting, helping him in his request.  I enjoy viewing the videos, but shouldn't they be in a different thread?

Just a thought,

Tregarth