Author Topic: F-18 DDI button assignments  (Read 5037 times)

rotorhub66

F-18 DDI button assignments
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »
I have just started to extract variables from the three DDI's in the F-18 cockpit, so I can assign them to joystick buttons. I will use them with Thrustmaster MFD's in my home cockpit.

I anyone already have done this, please post it here. If not, I can post it here when I am done (if anyone is interested).

Initial tests shows that it works fine. I have mapped the menu button and a few other to my x-52pro. It also works when the displays are assigned to a 2D panel. This means that you can move the three DDI's to small LCD monitors, with the Thrustmaster MFD as an overlay.

To make this possible I have used FSUIPC. In order to use this functionality you will need a registered version of FSUIPC. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

rotorhub66

Pop

Re: F-18 DDI button assignments
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 01:35:09 pm »
I have the CH MFP and have it set up like the MDF in the Super Bug, which has keys for all the buttons. Would surly like to do the same for the STD FA18.  Let me know how thi works!

rotorhub66

Re: F-18 DDI button assignments
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:21:41 pm »
I have retreived all the variables with FSUIPC and LUA Lvar (Local variables from the gauges).

I will receive my Thrustmaster MFD's tomorrow and will try to map them all, and see how it works out.
Right now I am trying for find a better way to assign the buttons, then using OFFSET DWORD SET commands in FSUIPC. It is not complicated, but it takes a while if you are going to map 60 buttons.

FSUIPC supports Lvar Macros and I am looking in to the possibility to make a Macro file that you can put in to your MODULES folder. The assignments will then be available in a list, specifying Left, Center and Right DDI buttons. I can post the Macro file or the commands for all the 60 buttons.

As mentioned, you wil lneed a registered version of FSUIPC to make it worth. FSUIPC and WIDE FS is worth the money.

Rotorhub66