Author Topic: FSDT universal installer  (Read 413 times)

Michaelseikel

FSDT universal installer
« on: May 07, 2024, 10:40:58 pm »
I read through all the posts I can reasonably find concerning this.
I installed the universal installer to reinstall my GSX after having to do a windows 11 re-install.

1. Downloaded file off website into downloads folder.
2. Run file in downloads folder and 2 icons appear on desktop (fsdt live update, and fsdt installer)
3. I click either one and uac asks for permission and I allow it. it begins to install and green bar fill to about half inch and stops with no error message. Both will do this.

What I did further was to allow the addon manager through defender. problem is there is no option to allow the addon manger folder. You can add an executable that's in the addon manager file but not the whole folder itself.
I have tried uninstall and reinstall numerous times and going in to see if all is cleaned out and found something interesting.
I can uninstall through windows uninstall app function but the add on manager will still be in C:\programs(x86). then I can delete that folder and the icons are still on the desktop and I can click, and they will still try to run with no error message. It just stops like always.

I bought GSX and ran it for quite some time. Love it.
However reinstalling and running again is absolutely not near as straight forward in many ways for many people.
So, if we can find what other workarounds, we can do to get me going and once we do maybe post this a test case and solution because so far not sure I see this exact scenario anywhere else. All help would be appreciated. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT universal installer
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 12:04:15 pm »
What I did further was to allow the addon manager through defender. problem is there is no option to allow the addon manger folder. You can add an executable that's in the addon manager file but not the whole folder itself.

Of course you can add a FOLDER to the Windows Defender Antivirus EXCLUSIONS, that's for sure. Is it possible you are confusing it with the Defender *Firewall* instead?

Michaelseikel

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 08:01:43 pm »
Ok, yes indeed. You are correct. I found that I was mistaken and got the entire addon manager excepted. I then did a restart as I found a suggestion there as well. Still nothing.
I am pretty sure something is blocking it but not sure what. I am using no other anti-virus and do a straight download. Every so often I get a security alert that says contact author. Not sure what that is but it doesn't happen everything I try to open.
Is there any other way to download and run GSX without fsdt installer and updater?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 09:34:39 am »
Just to be sure, are you referring to GSX for MSFS ( that is GSX Pro ) or GSX for FSX/P3D?