Author Topic: Free Carrier Lessons  (Read 7954 times)

Razgriz

Free Carrier Lessons
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:05:27 am »
I am going to give out free lessons because a lot of people are having trouble with the acceleration carrier and F/A-18.  We will be using AICarriers.  I will pause the sim and we will both spawn a single carrier (not a fleet) five miles ahead.  You MUST have acceleration so we can use their hornet.  I will  not use the KBIT F/A-18.  Honuala if you do happen to read this I will train your pilots for carrier operations in the VDD if you wish.  You will ride in the virtual backseat (Join Seat) of my jet and I will use voice and show you and let you land.  I will have full realism on and if you're dedicated you will be able to land on the carrier when I'm done.  If you are going to say anything about my age of 13, then forget it.  My xfire is "Razgr1z912" so contact me if you need lessons.

Razgriz
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:08:44 am by virtuali »

SUBS17

Re: Free Carrier Lessons
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:41:09 pm »
It won't work dude as aicarriers isn't multiplayer compatible and neither is the ingame ai carrier that regularly travels around in FSX you'll need to download a mod which is MP compatible. Theres a link for it somewhere on these forums.

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:28:46 pm »
Don't worry as I know what I am doing.

SUBS17

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »
It still won't work since when you spawn the carrier it will not be visible to the other player.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:00:37 am »
I removed the previous post: Razgriz, please, watch the tone of your replies.

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:01:40 am »
  If you are going to say anything about my age of 13, then forget it.  My xfire is "Razgr1z912" so contact me if you need lessons.

Razgriz

Just so you are aware in the Airwolves there is no real limit in age as far as we are concerned the real limit is being able to understand the aircrafts weapons and avionics and use them effectively against real opponents and work as part of a team. As far as our IPs are concerned they must be good at instructing but also patient in coaching new pilots throughout their trainning cycle at the Flight School and also knowing how to teach a new pilot how to use the Sim online and port forwarding is also necessary to be an IP. As far as FSX is concerned as I mentioned the stock moving Carriers can't be used online as the FS developers did not make the Carriers work in MP. And I have been on several servers which have tried but failed to produce the carriers online the only work around is either Flight deck 5 or download the carrier MP mod for FS. Either way you are stuck with a stationary carrier not a moving one. There are however people trying to make mods for a moving carrier in MP but I think its something that will require a patch or something from the FS developers themselves to fix.(and likewise moving TACAN/ILS)

Razgriz

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 05:04:28 pm »
  If you are going to say anything about my age of 13, then forget it.  My xfire is "Razgr1z912" so contact me if you need lessons.

Razgriz

Just so you are aware in the Airwolves there is no real limit in age as far as we are concerned the real limit is being able to understand the aircrafts weapons and avionics and use them effectively against real opponents and work as part of a team. As far as our IPs are concerned they must be good at instructing but also patient in coaching new pilots throughout their trainning cycle at the Flight School and also knowing how to teach a new pilot how to use the Sim online and port forwarding is also necessary to be an IP. As far as FSX is concerned as I mentioned the stock moving Carriers can't be used online as the FS developers did not make the Carriers work in MP. And I have been on several servers which have tried but failed to produce the carriers online the only work around is either Flight deck 5 or download the carrier MP mod for FS. Either way you are stuck with a stationary carrier not a moving one. There are however people trying to make mods for a moving carrier in MP but I think its something that will require a patch or something from the FS developers themselves to fix.(and likewise moving TACAN/ILS)

Flight deck 5 is a simobject carrier (Just like the carriers in free flight) so that is a bust.  Flight deck 4 is laggy, so thats a bust.  AICarriers2r2 is what I will use.  I will pause in mid air with the trainee in the back of the Hornet.  We will both spawn a Nimitz 10 miles ahead and then I will go from there.  They will both be in the EXACT same spot.  Mostly, I teach the new pilots the landing, T\O (Basic but more than you think to it), and flight control systems.  I'm not the best hornet flyer but I have alot of information which will able you to even have a route flown by the hornet.

SUBS17

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 06:00:18 am »
I think everyone is quite limited regardless of which approach you use since you ain't going to see what the student is doing so you can't effectively coach them as they make their approach unless you record the whole thing using FSRecorder and analyse it later for a debrief. You could however try using LOMAC with the SU33 or an F/A-18 mod and you can get a 2 seat mod for LOMAC 1.02 which will allow you to see everything from the back seat. One area which I have been looking at is creating a race involving the carrier which might allow the carrier to exist MP.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8127