Author Topic: Remove 3rd party VDGS?  (Read 811 times)

disco79stu

Remove 3rd party VDGS?
« on: September 04, 2022, 11:39:14 am »
So if I wanted to create a config for a third party airport, I understood that it is not possible to replace their jetways with GSX jetways (like it was in P3D). Does this also apply for their (non functional) VDGS models?
When I want to add working GSX VDGS to that airport, do I habe to place the them over/infront of the third party models or cab they be removed?

BR

Phil7789

Re: Remove 3rd party VDGS?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 02:26:37 pm »
Non functional VDGS are usually 3d objects in the scenery. If they're not included in the building object you might be able to remove them but it probably isn't worth the effort.
You can just place GSX VDGS inside the scenery VDGS, you have to put it a little bit in front so the static one doesn't stick out, but that's not noticable from a pilots point of view.

kien569

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 04:18:52 pm »
Try checking with the airport scenery developer.

disco79stu

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 04:59:51 pm »
Non functional VDGS are usually 3d objects in the scenery. If they're not included in the building object you might be able to remove them but it probably isn't worth the effort.
You can just place GSX VDGS inside the scenery VDGS, you have to put it a little bit in front so the static one doesn't stick out, but that's not noticable from a pilots point of view.

Will try that, thanks!