Author Topic: FSX Jetway Logos  (Read 2133 times)

kennymac825

FSX Jetway Logos
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:00:24 pm »
I used to be able to add custom jetway logos in FSX. I can't do it any more. I used the same procedures as previous but no luck. It has been a while since I created and added new logos but something has obviously changed. Any help will be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Jetway Logos
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:38:14 pm »
The old Paintkit method is not supported anymore, since we have a far more flexible system in P3D4, which is way easier, doesn't require any editing, and it saves a lot of memory too and reduces the number of installed object in the sim, saving memory and startup time.

However, the new method is not supported in FSX, since it lacks support for DirectX 11 rendering, so you cannot create custom logos very easily.

I'm sorry but, since we announced to have stopped support for FSX in 2017, we must proceed forward to improve the product and use all the better features of the P3D SDK, which means using FSX will have some limitations.

kennymac825

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 06:59:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Disappointed but that's progress, I guess. Nevertheless GSX is a fantastic program and enhances my flightsim experience enormously.!

kennymac825

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 08:41:45 pm »
Umberto, I meant to add in my earlier reply that if I could go back to the earlier version that allowed adding custom logos in FSX I would in an instant.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 12:04:32 pm »
Umberto, I meant to add in my earlier reply that if I could go back to the earlier version that allowed adding custom logos in FSX I would in an instant.

You can't, even if you had an older installer ( something before 2018 ), because that version used Esellerate, which closed last July, so we had to move all the existing orders to a new ecommerce and activation servers ( MyCommerce+QLM ), and that requires the current version of the software to activate.

kennymac825

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 02:10:43 pm »
Umberto thanks very much for the insight. Still love the program!!!!