Author Topic: Addon Manager Error  (Read 1883 times)

DispatchRandy

Addon Manager Error
« on: July 11, 2019, 03:51:05 pm »

So last week I had issues with the GSX update install and got it all worked out.  Now this week I go to load up P3dv4.5 and get the screenshot errors.

I thought the GSX and P3d did not require the separate Addon Manager.

So far the GSX update is a 7 STARS on my confusion scale.

Thanks

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Error
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Be sure you don't have a firewall which is preventing the Live Update from downloading files

- Run the FSDT Live Update

Schlotterknie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:38:10 pm »
I did get the same error 2 or 3 days ago right after I used the updater. Uninstalled and reinstalled GSX severall times.
After about two hours frustration I somehow got it working again.

Today I ran the updater again (as admin). Bad idea. The same error popped up again right afterwards.
I gave the updater another shot (this time without admin privileges) which updated another few pye files and everythings worked again.

And no, I don´t have any kind of antivirus programs running. Not even Windows Defender.
To me it´s obvious that there is something wrong with your updater.

I really would appreciate if you´d be so kind and investigate this issue a little bit more intensive instead of just pointing to antivirus software again and again.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:39:42 pm by Schlotterknie »

richroe

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:08 am »
I´ve the same problem but in FSX.
I read all the other posts but nothing helped.

Regards Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:51:46 am »
Today I ran the updater again (as admin). Bad idea. The same error popped up again right afterwards. I gave the updater another shot (this time without admin privileges) which updated another few pye files and everythings worked again.

The updater will ALWAYS run with Admin privileges, so there's no need to do that manually. However, if you do that manually, it will be run by the Administrator user, which is not exactly the same thing as running with admin privileges on YOUR user name and, in fact, might cause problems, since the Administrator user account wasn't the one you originally installed GSX, so it's missing all its own registry keys, confusing the updater when run this way.

But it wouldn't be very right to always use Admin registry keys to install into, even when running from another user account, this is usually considered a bad practice.