Author Topic: rear baggage train not moving  (Read 2436 times)

sw34669

rear baggage train not moving
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:31:05 pm »

I pulled into one of the J gates today at eham and noticed that baggage unloading only completed 50% again. The rear baggage cart did not move to the aircraft when told to de-board, the front one did. I have now noticed this since the last update at 5 airports (EGPF, EGPB, EGAC, EHAM, EGLL). Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. What's constant is it's always the rear baggage train, never the front. I had not edited this gate so it was in default mode.
aircraft PMDG 737-800

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: rear baggage train not moving
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:50:17 am »
You probably called another service (catering or fuel), which can now be done at the same time.

However, even if you can call the service at the same time, the *rear* baggage cart won't move until the other service has terminated, because they will very likely clash into each other if it didn't. So, it wasn't stuck, it was just waiting for that other service to complete.

sw34669

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:55:48 pm »
oh come on i didnt, this is a probelm i need some help on.

the only thing ive used is the automatic boarding option ticked
i started the sim at the gate and selected BOARDING
or
I pulled up to the arrival gate and selected DEBOARDING

in both cases, more times than not, I get the infinite boarding and or the rear baggage train does not move

do you think we make this stuff up

sw34669

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:11:05 pm »

just had the infinite boarding again KLAS gate A12 with PMDG 737 800

started sim p3d 4.4, selected KLAS gate A12 (GSX SODE gate auto generated) with piper, changed to 737
selected BOARDING (with auto option ticked so this is the only request i make of GSX)
people boarded i wateched it count upto the correct number of x/y
both baggage trains boarded this time
fuel truck arrived along with catering, they leave after service is finished and show complete
people boarding background noises play for ever
menu still shows boarding passengers now
waited 15 minutes
background boarding noises still playing and menu says "boarding passengers now"

ok so I hit Reset Position .... nothing else and then request boarding again ..... works perfectly, all the way through

My question is, what could cause this to happen on the first boarding but then it works perfectly on the second with no other sim/aircraft changes

sw34669

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 01:06:52 am »
ok i have for sure found something

i flew to Telluride ... pulled up at a ramp I had made big enough and nipped out the right hand side to watch what the 2 baggage carts do. They were placed right next to each other. I used the single DEBOARDING option along with having the auto option ticked. The front cart moves to the hold ... but the rear one doesnt. The front unloads all baggage, all pax get off on 2 buses ... no fuel or catering was called either by me or automatically so they dont arrive. The front baggage train leaves with the bags, the rear one is still sitting there and hasnt moved. Picture 1 shows this point with the carts back together and only the front hold of the a/c open (I use linda auto-doors).

I reset from the GSX menu, stay in the same place and select DEBOARDING again, both carts move. Picture 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/782ukfx3pvptbuk/2018-12-14_23-56-4-476.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sk0g4ycbfvxrdu7/2018-12-14_23-56-43-726.jpg?dl=0

I wondered if it was due to the ramp being cramped but I have seen this same thing at large ramps and gates with this aircraft

any help or suggestions would be great - thanks

sw34669

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:17 pm »

had the same today again .... see other thread on crazy baggage loader.

I'm in infinite boarding.

Loaded a scenerio with PMDG 738 @ KSAN cargo gate I had saved
hit board
pax bus 1, fuel, catering and bagge ok
pax bus 2 unloads and i watch the counter get to 134/190 then the hello's stop to leave background boarding noise
bus just sits there (all other vehicles have left)
menu shows boarding in progress
15 mins later its still the same had to reset

any ideas or am i talking to a brick wall?

sw34669

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 10:49:03 pm »

I have found where the issue comes in its a bug ... no surprise ... with the automatic boarding feature

sometimes ..... when i select boarding, GSX2 summons fuel and catering at that point .... this shows briefly at the top of the screen when boarding or deboarding is shown. This causes only the front baggage loader to work. I have a video of this. The rear baggage train just sits there, the passengers empty, then GSX just shows baggage unloading at 50% for ever and I have to reset.

Running the boarding or deboard a second time does not show the summoning of fuel and catering as it seems to be done serially by the automatic feature.

so there you go, another example of i must have been doing something thats a bug you dont seem to care about.

well its the last one i'll waste any of my time on

you have a very starange approach to service.

Eisbahn

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:14 am »
so there you go, another example of i must have been doing something thats a bug you dont seem to care about.

well its the last one i'll waste any of my time on

you have a very strange approach to service.

That's because they have very strange people posting on the forum.