Author Topic: Couatl unrecoverable error **SOLVED**  (Read 3495 times)

jlb96

Couatl unrecoverable error **SOLVED**
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:14:27 pm »
Hi, I have GSX installed in both FSX SE and p3d v4 and I only get the error in fsx, here's the error log, it happens in every airport with every plane, the only things working are the warp to gate/runway functions.

couatl v3.2 (build 3829)
panic log started on Tue Oct 10 18:57:05 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': '1H3', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Parking 1', 'User Pos': (38.4696291455907, -91.81200536038789, 292.074 m, 1.90546 m, 182.05381018751348)}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_BaggageTractor_Closed'
{'Airport': '1H3', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Parking 1', 'User Pos': (38.4696291455907, -91.81200536038789, 292.074 m, 1.90546 m, 182.05381018751348)}

I already reinstalled the addon manager and checked for the 6 simobject path entries in the cfg files and none is missing and except sceneries and gsx the only addons are fslabs a320 and qw787
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:11:43 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:19:51 am »
I already reinstalled the addon manager and checked for the 6 simobject path entries in the cfg files and none is missing and except sceneries and gsx the only addons are fslabs a320 and qw787

It's likely your FSX:SE registry keys are wrong, most likely FSX has been removed after installing FSX:SE without having reinstalled FSX:SE, so FSX:SE is still configured to run alongside FSX and maybe you or another software, changed the registry keys manually to allow other non FSX:SE-compliant software to install.

This means, maybe you are looking at the wrong FSX.CFG file and for the same reason the GSX installer was confused by your wrong registry keys to update the wrong .CFG file.

To verify this is the case, see if you have this file too:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX_SE.CFG

If yes, it means FSX:SE is STILL running in Side-by-side mode, so it's using THIS .CFG file instead AND your registry keys are messed up, because installers are mislead to assume is running in single mode instead.

The proper procedure to switch from FSX:SE+FSX to FSX:SE only is:

- Uninstall FSX:SE

- Uninstall FSX

- Reinstall FSX:SE

- Start FSX:SE at least once before installing any add-on, to let the Steam interface to set the proper registry keys for FSX:SE to reflect the now current configuration of FSX:SE as a Stand-Alone installation.

If you don't do this exact procedure when switching from FSX:SE+FSX to FSX:SE only, all your add-ons installation will fail at some point.

jlb96

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:22:14 pm »
I have the fsx_se.cfg file but because it's the only fsx version I ever got on my pc, there are no traces of boxed fsx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:29 pm »
I have the fsx_se.cfg file but because it's the only fsx version I ever got on my pc, there are no traces of boxed fsx

If your registry is correct and the file in use is the FSX.CFG, then the only possible explanation for that error, is that the SimobjectsPath lines in your FSX.CFG are missing or wrong, usually because of a conflict caused by another installer, like double lines, etc.

jlb96

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »
I guess there was something wrong after all, when I tried to reinstall gsx it only made me choose between p3d v4 and fsx steam side by side mode, I uninstalled fsx se and deleted all the registry entries and now it reads it as stand-alone mode working perfectly thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:45:51 pm »
I guess there was something wrong after all

I was quite sure of it. Your registry had FSX:SE configured to run together with FSX.

If you are sure you never installed FSX before, it's possible that another addon might have added the FSX keys, maybe to fix its own compatibility problem of not recognizing FSX:SE properly, so this confused the sim and made it switch to the side-by-side mode, even if no real FSX was installed.

meyercub

Re: Couatl unrecoverable error **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:03:23 am »
Hi,
Same problem but in regular FSX only at KLAX. I haven’t installed anything this problem just showed up.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl unrecoverable error **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:31 pm »
Same problem but in regular FSX only at KLAX. I haven’t installed anything this problem just showed up.

Please describe your problem clearly, with a proper error log (if you have it), and we'll assess if it's really the same problem.