Author Topic: p3d v4 black screen  (Read 2862 times)

happy

p3d v4 black screen
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:44:57 am »
Hello
I really need some help. I have installed p3d v4 and i am installing all my sim addons all was going great Until i installed gsx and the update manager. Now every time i try to start the sim i get the initial splash screen then i get a black monitor and a crash to desk top.
i uninstalled gsx and the fsdt updater but i still get the black screen and cdt i tried reinstalling gsx but same thing, I repaired p3d v4 from the installer but same black screen &  ctd
Then i found this .
Remove the key related to Prepar3D.EXE or FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers key location of REGEDIT.
i think i found the right place it was HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\compatibility assistant\persisted

I found the right location i think but there were a few p3d.exe's i held my breath and deleted some but same black screen & CTD. which Prepar3D.exe is it ?

Can some one help me please before i reinstall windows out of desparation  :'( .
os is win 7 64bit
sim p3d v4 latest update

happy

Re: p3d v4 black screen
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 11:49:10 am »
to anyone that gets this black screen problem i have found a way to fix this. it might not be the easiest way but it worked.
it turns out the live updater cant update to the latest version ?. the only way i found to fix the black screenys was to remove the entire sim and all its addons ... brilliant !
I then manually downloaded the most up to date full installer from fsdt website and all is ok again, it will just take the rest of the weekend to get back to were i was.
A big wast of time but at least its back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: p3d v4 black screen
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:41:13 pm »
Remove the key related to Prepar3D.EXE or FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers key location of REGEDIT.

i think i found the right place it was HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\compatibility assistant\persisted

99% of the cases, the key the cause the problem is the one under Layers (the 1st one), which our installers and the Live Udpate remove automatically. Yours is the first report ever of the key under "persisted" folder so, we might add this one to the Live Update too.