Author Topic: Unable to Download Add On Manager  (Read 3938 times)

CaribbeanCLANK

Unable to Download Add On Manager
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »
I have tried to download the add on manager and the file starts to download then stops mid-way. And its not just add on manager...it's any FSDT download.

UPDATE: the download appears to be complete but when I try to run the installer i get a message stating that the file is corrupt.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:12:39 pm by CaribbeanCLANK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to Download Add On Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:47 pm »
The most likely cause is the antivirus, which has corrupted the files trying to "heal" them from a non-existent virus.

- Remove the downloaded files

- Clear your browser cache

- Turn OFF the antivirus when downloading and installing.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:30:24 pm »
The most likely cause is the antivirus, which has corrupted the files trying to "heal" them from a non-existent virus.

- Remove the downloaded files

- Clear your browser cache

- Turn OFF the antivirus when downloading and installing.

Did all that and still getting the corrupt file message. Even tried downloading from another PC. Maybe it is something to do with the internet provider.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
Did all that and still getting the corrupt file message. Even tried downloading from another PC. Maybe it is something to do with the internet provider.

Try to restart your modem/router, in order to get a new IP. And do the whole clear browser cache procedure again. In addition to that, you might try removing all cookies from mediafire.com

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:47:34 pm »

Try to restart your modem/router, in order to get a new IP. And do the whole clear browser cache procedure again. In addition to that, you might try removing all cookies from mediafire.com

Nope. That didn't work. The moment the download counter reaches 12mb the counter freezes. A minute or so later the download appears to be complete but when I try to run the app the same message pops up.

Other products seem to download just fine...I just tried downloading KIAH and KMEM and they both downloaded with no problems.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:01:01 pm by CaribbeanCLANK »

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:03:49 pm »
Same issues with trying to download GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:12:34 pm »
I tried downloading both GSX and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, and they both download correctly with no errors.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:32:22 pm »
I tried downloading both GSX and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, and they both download correctly with no errors.

I will try again later. The FS9 version downloads no problem but still no luck with the FSX version for GSX or Add On Manager.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:34:39 pm by CaribbeanCLANK »

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »
I have tried downloading using various browsers and still no luck. I have even tried using Downloadthenall on FireFox and still the download doesn't seem to be completed as I am still getting a corrupt file or unable to complete download.

I do not have a Mediafire account and have never used it. What is that??

UPDATE: I restarted my router for the 20th time and it seemed to work.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:34:58 pm by CaribbeanCLANK »