Author Topic: Deleting the HUD glass effect  (Read 18492 times)

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
Re: Deleting the HUD glass effect
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 05:55:15 pm »
Dunno, Raz.

DXTBmp wouldn't let me view, never mind edit, the fresnel ramps. So I don't really know how to adjust them. (Might be something you can only do in GMax or whatever modelling app).

I'm hoping Virtuali can give us his opinion of what the effect is we are seeing in Ryan's pictures.
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

chinookmark

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 07:16:53 pm »
ImageTool in the Terrain SDK works well for opening the fresnel ramps.

ryanbatcund

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:22 am »
So has anyone figured out how to get rid of the weird HUD effects in Vista?

mangold

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 03:37:20 pm »
Guten Tag.
New in this forum.
Also new to Vista + FSX + Acceleration. (fast PC, HD4870 X2 current drivers)
Is there really no chance to get rid of Vista FSX Accel F-18 HUD glass effect?
Günter

SUBS17

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 05:24:37 pm »
Does anyone know how Aerosoft managed to add Hud colimation?
&feature=related

Looks very cool.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 06:19:06 pm »
Hud collimation is basically the only thing I regret not having in the F/A-18, and we were preparing for that, but there wasn't enough time to do it in time for the deadline.

There are 3rd party addons products that has been in developement for years (I think it was at least a couple of years since we heard Aerosoft was doing an F16), if we take away the administrative overhead of getting approved, signing contracts, getting the specs and the documentation, out of the total 6 months time that was budgeted, we had only about 3-4 months of real developement time, up to the last week before release, we didn't even had the radar...

So yes, be sure the next airplane we'll do WILL have both collimation and will be conformal (these are two entirely different things, and there's basically no use of a collimated hud, if it's not conformal as well)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:24:15 pm by virtuali »

Razgriz

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »
Hud collimation is basically the only thing I regret not having in the F/A-18, and we were preparing for that, but there wasn't enough time to do it in time for the deadline.

There are 3rd party addons products that has been in developement for years (I think it was at least a couple of years since we heard Aerosoft was doing an F16), if we take away the administrative overhead of getting approved, signing contracts, getting the specs and the documentation, out of the total 6 months time that was budgeted, we had only about 3-4 months of real developement time, up to the last week before release, we don't even had the radar...

So yes, be sure the next airplane we'll do WILL have both collimation and will conformal (these are two entirely different things, and there's basically no use of a collimated hud, if it's not conformal as well)

What us hud collimation and conformal?

SUBS17

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 10:10:10 pm »

So yes, be sure the next airplane we'll do WILL have both collimation and will be conformal (these are two entirely different things, and there's basically no use of a collimated hud, if it's not conformal as well)

That sounds cool I'm looking forward to that especially if its an F-14.