Author Topic: Multiplayer Carrier with working lifts cats and traps  (Read 3819 times)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
Multiplayer Carrier with working lifts cats and traps
« on: September 18, 2009, 06:54:15 pm »
Just spent the afternoon flying with a friend using the new Nimitz carrier as a base of operations. All traps cats and blast shields were working as well as the lift and the vehicles driving around on deck. If this is not a new solution then just ignore my post..I have searched the forum for multiplayer posts but they all involve using the drivable carrier which needs a person to drive it and apparrently the cats do not work. This is effectively like having a single player uss nimitz in a multiplayer environment.with all the bells and whistles

Unfortunately this workaround requires a bit of a process but this is basicly how I achieved it

I used the uss enterprise as a base point so the flight starts on the deck ...next you need a reference point .....i placed my nosewheel using an outside view exactly at the beginning of the catapault ready for the cat shot i then went to the add on menu and added the uss nimtz with fleet and placed it using the 1 mile ahead option and the carrier appeared in front of me. Then my wingman joined the session after I got airborne and followed exactly the same procedure as I had taking care to place the nosewheel exactly in the same spot...he then added exactly the same carrier options and his carrier appeared in front of him. Because the positions were exactly the same it gave the appearance that we were both landing on the same carrier...

You can connect and disconnect and the carrier remains in position until you either delete it or quit out of FSX.
this method requires a bit of co ordination but the amount of fun achieved is so worth it.

Big props to Javier for an amazing carrier ..FCGrimley32 for the HUD fix and Doum76 for all the extras and SpazSinbad for all the info ..

SonfaBeech out ;D
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

Re: Multiplayer Carrier with working lifts cats and traps
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:56:53 pm »
Well, there's already a simpler solution for the default carrier (http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?topic=593.0) which I suppose I could adapt to the more detailed carrier (with permission of the carrier's author, of course).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:59:42 am by Orion »