Author Topic: Disappearing GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 3169 times)

BenediktTS

Disappearing GSX **SOLVED**
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:20 am »
Dear Support forum,
 some weeks agao a got a new pc. I succesfully reinstalled gsx and it was working well with the fsx. After I installed updates via the installer gsx ist still appearing in the menu-bar. I even can choose f.e.g. "prepare for pushback". Some vehicles appear but then disappear after some seconds. After this point the couatl engine is not any longer existing under the addons menu in the fsx and gsx itself is not any longer useable.The addon manager still exist and I can choose gsx under fsdreamteam. The virtualipage says that my product ist activate, so the reinstall-button, the register-serial button and the buy buttons are not chooseable.
What can I do to work gsx properly? Thanks for your help.

BenediktTS
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:22:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:27:24 am »
Some vehicles appear but then disappear after some seconds.

There's likely a problem with the airplane configuration you are using, try to reset it to default, using the "Reset" button in the Airplane configuration editor.

BenediktTS

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:15:59 pm »
And again,

I reseted the airplane configuration and - by the way - was anounced to update the standalone installer. But the same story happened. In fact  I used the default Boeing 737 with a repaint. But in former times this was no problem and I didnt even used the airplane configurater. The problem occured first off all after having updated the standalone installer. Near in time I also tried to use the directX 10 preview but switched it off again after having seen that it didn't worked properly. I am also running trackIR5 with some personalized hotkeys. But I didnt used it the last time when I tried to solve the gsx problem. Could it be a solution to delete gsx completly from my pc and rebuy it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:18:04 pm »
The problem occured first off all after having updated the standalone installer.

The most likely reason is that you must have missed some updates in the past, especially for the vehicles. Try to download the full GSX installer and install that one. No need to uninstall anything.

BenediktTS

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:58:14 pm »
Okay, I think the problem is solved. I installed the latest version of the gsx installer and now it seems to work properly. Some tries bfore I made the mistake, that I installed my saved old version of the gsx installer. Thanks for your help! :)