Author Topic: 1.8 is not working **SOLVED**  (Read 4922 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
1.8 is not working **SOLVED**
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »
I am at KLAS spot 901. I downloaded the full installer for gsx 1.8 from the product page. Tried it and it tells me to open aft cargo door and main cargo door.

I did the update from inside the sim and downloaded and installed the latest vehicle file and get no loader at the forward cargo door.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:25:52 pm by virtuali »
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 1.8 is not working
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »
Assuming you use the PMDG 777F, it seems the configuration is correct, because the door is named Main Cargo Door (well, not exactly, is supposed to be named "Main Deck Cargo", is it ? If not, you HAVE a problem with the configuration ).

If the configuration is correct, the only possible reason why you don't see any loader, is that you haven't installed the vehicle, which is not possible, since it's included BOTH in the 1.8 Full Installer AND in the vehicles update (there wasn't any need to install the vehicles update, if you used the 1.8 Full installer)

Do you have an FSDT_Cargo_Loader_HI folder in the FSX\Simobjects\Misc folder ? You should, since it gets installed by either the 1.8 Full installer or by every vehicles update installer.

If not, reinstall using the Full installer only. No need to install the vehicles updates, if you use the 1.8 Full installer.

Of course, I've tried your exact same situation, at KLAS parking 901, and it works without any problem, see the screenshot.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:07:00 pm by virtuali »

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:42 pm »
I have a loader at the main deck cargo door. I said I do not have a loader at the fwd cargo door.

Yes, I am using the f.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:11:25 pm by pride545 »
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »
I have a loader at the main deck cargo door. I said I do not have a loader at the fwd cargo door.

You said it now, but you edited your post while I was replying, I had another PC open with your post, and this is how it looked like before you edited it:

Now, the fwd cargo door is entirely different issue, and it's NOT a "bug". As explained in other threads about support for cargo loaders on the left side of the airplane, GSX supports two cargo loaders in total.

Nothing has changed with this update, we only added a model that can reach higher, so it can be used by larger freighters.

We might add usage of 3 simultaneous loaders in a future update, but it's not there yet, because it has implications in the scenery editor too.

pride545

• Beta tester
Re: 1.8 is not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 07:29:59 pm »
Had you said in the description that there will be a total of 2 loaders, there would be no confusion on my part.
You took the loader for the fwd cargo door for the main deck door. I'm sure I am not the only one to be confused by this!
Moe Works

oskiatl

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 07:37:30 pm »
I ran into the same problem,but quickly figured that it had to be a FSX quirk, doen't bother me in the least little bit! If yo have AES just assign your loaders accordingly and then you will have all the loaders. Might not have any animation of freight but you will have a loader at that door!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 07:38:14 pm »
Had you said in the description that there will be a total of 2 loaders, there would be no confusion on my part.

There wasn't a need to specify this in the description of the today's 1.8 update.

This update ONLY adds a Loader that can reach the higher doors on the bigger freighters, the issue of GSX supporting two loaders has been there since June, when we added support for cargo loading from the Left, and was discussed here back then:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8785.0

Note that, only 2 cargo doors are allowed, in total, so you can't have 2 cargo doors on the right and 1 on the left. Just 2 in total.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:39:57 pm by virtuali »