Author Topic: No Jetways  (Read 6335 times)

Al Boulianne

No Jetways
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:57:58 pm »
Hi,

I max my scenery complexity but still no Jetways. Can you please help?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:09:41 pm »
As discussed several times on the forum, missing jetways are never a problem of the scenery, because jetways can ONLY be excluded by ANOTHER scenery AFCAD, and are never a problem of the installation because, if there's something wrong with it, jetways are usually the only thing that remains, because they are controlled only by the AFCAD, and so can only be excluded by another AFCAD.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to search for AFCAD duplicates at CYVR and remove them.

Al Boulianne

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:39:18 pm »
I downloaded the program however it ask for the path to my active scenery.cfg and I can't find it. Is it because my fsx is installed on D drive instead of C? How can I find my scenery.cfg?

Thanks

Al

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:52:08 pm »
How can I find my scenery.cfg?

Scenery.cfg is located in C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX

Al Boulianne

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the location of Scenery.cfg. Scan worked but sis not detect anything for CYVR.

Is AFCAD a program that I have to download or it is automatic with FSX and scenery? IS it possible that I don't have AFCAD?

Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »
Thanks for the location of Scenery.cfg. Scan worked but sis not detect anything for CYVR.

If the Airport scanner couldn't detect your scenery.cfg automatically, it already indicates some kind of problem with your FSX install. The FSX installation drive shouldn't be a problem, provided you install it PROPERLY.

If, instead, you "moved" the installation manually, expect any kind of problems with any software out there. It's likely your Windows registry for FSX is not correct.

Is AFCAD a program that I have to download or it is automatic with FSX and scenery? IS it possible that I don't have AFCAD?

An AFCAD is a term to indicate an "Airport .BGL", there are thousands of such files from the default scenery, and at least one file of this kind comes with every 3rd party airport. There's an AFCAD included with CYVR, and it's surely there, because with no AFCAD, nothing would work in the airport, AI would park all wrong, taxiways would all wrong, ground ATC would go crazy, etc.

AFCAD contains many things, including the jetways definitions and, the only thing that can make jetways to disappear, is a conflicting AFCAD from another product.

But it's likely that, due to your problem with the registry, the scanner couldn't detect a problem with conflicting sceneries, perhaps it was pointing the wrong scenery.cfg.