Author Topic: Couatl.exe issue  (Read 2745 times)

megs8888

Couatl.exe issue
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:17:31 pm »
Hi guys I have numerous FSDT products inc GSX on my pc, however I have had to uninstall add on manager as I am constantly getting the blue circle and it won't disappear, even when I shut down FSX it is still running in task manager couatl32.exe I have to restart pc to get it to shut down, why is it still running when fsx is not, I can't use any. Of my scenaries without it, I am running 64 bit win 7, on a top end system OC 4.6 ghz etc, it's really annoying I have tried a reinstall but still does it thanks Wayne.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl.exe issue
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:43:31 pm »
If Couatl.exe doesn't close, it's possible another module in your EXE.XML is interfering, possible using Simconnect in a way that prevent correct functioning of other modules. Some users, for example, reported that some joystick drivers caused this problem.

You can try rearranging the loading order in the EXE.XML file (located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX ), try to put the section that loads Couatl.exe before or after other section with other modules you have, and see if it makes any difference.