Author Topic: Kahului PHOG Missing Power Station  (Read 8184 times)

pluff

Kahului PHOG Missing Power Station
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
I have recently bought the Hawaii airports FSX scenery and am thrilled with the results.

I live on Maui for 3 months each year and am a licensed PPL and fly out of Kahului for trips in
and around the islands.

On the approach to Runway 2 there is a sugar mill processing plant with 3 large chimney
towers which are always active. We use the observation of the smoke from the stacks
to give us wind direction and speed. There is in fact an official visual approach
procedure to PHOG Rwy 2 called the Smokestack Visual Rwy 2.

In the FSX default airport scenery this power plant and smoke stacks are clearly visible
and accurately placed.When I loaded the FSDreamteam Kahului scenery the power plant and smoke stacks are no longer there. If I remove the PHOG folder from the FSDreamteam folder then the smoke
stacks return. Is there a way to include the power station in the FSDReamteam scenery?

Kind Regards, Peter Luff.

Joshsum

Re: Kahului PHOG Missing Power Station
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:03:59 pm »
+ 1

Ethan744N763

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:08:41 am »
Yep, on my vacation to Maui I drove past this power station alot and it would be a great addition. +2

JPL19

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:41:38 pm »
+3

Joe

Joshsum

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:03:25 pm »
Does anyone in this support forum care to reply.

Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »
Apart for the absurd last remark (as if we don't always reply, which is obviously very well known, and clearly proven by my POST COUNT), the smokestack it's already back in the update we are woking on, which contains many other things as well, and wouldn't make much sense to release just to re-enable the smokestack.

ravenn22

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:33:22 pm »
Apart for the absurd last remark (as if we don't always reply, which is obviously very well known, and clearly proven by my POST COUNT), the smokestack it's already back in the update we are woking on, which contains many other things as well, and wouldn't make much sense to release just to re-enable the smokestack.

Awesome! Saves me from modeling the A&B sugar mill myself! :P Thanks! Great job on vol.2, BTW - I hope sales warrant doing Molokai, Lanai and or Kapalua/West Maui ;)

Ethan744N763

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:35 pm »
Great to hear!

I was flying from HNL to OGG on vatsim today (hawaiian virtual) and guess what HNL_N_CTR told me? Expect the smokestack two visual :D

Took some explanation...

Joshsum

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:06:09 am »
I don't think my question was absurd and wasn't meant to be offensive. it was after three days I thought you would respond. You guys have always given me good support and I appreciate it. So just don't read into this as being anything negative. I'm just asking a question and nothing more. Thank you  for the information on the service pack, for that is all you needed to say.

Josh

pluff

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 03:34:51 am »
Many thanks to Virtuali? for the update  including the power station. I am  most grateful, kind regards, Peter Luff.

ravenn22

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 07:12:47 am »

Awesome! Saves me from modeling the A&B sugar mill myself! :P Thanks! Great job on vol.2, BTW - I hope sales warrant doing Molokai, Lanai and or Kapalua/West Maui ;)

I lied... doing the model anyways to replace the default power plant/sugar mill... I'm a total noob at FSX scenery - easiest way to remove the default object?  :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hkSzppOVGkc/TjzI_6JquoI/AAAAAAAAAik/C16NayITG5U/s800/Puunene%252520Sugar%252520Mill.jpg

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:14:26 am by ravenn22 »