Author Topic: Concrete instead of grass textures along the runways  (Read 4578 times)

Hasa

Concrete instead of grass textures along the runways
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:48:47 am »
I recently re-installed  FSX Gold Edition with all my add-ons, above all Switzerland  X , a couple of flylogic  airports and last but not least fsdreamteam Zurch and Geneva airports.
With Zurich I now encountred a problem which I could not resolve so far:

The textures besides the runways show concrete surface instead of grass. If I reach a certain altitude, the grey  changes to the regular green of grass but on approach the undesired concrete textures appear again in front of the airplain like an unrolled carpet.

Can anybody give me an advice, how to proceed to eliminate the problem?

Thanks
Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Concrete instead of grass textures along the runways
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:10 am »
Whenever there's something that looks wrong in a scenery, the problem is almost always caused by another scenery in conflict, or another AFCAD that comes with an AI traffic pack.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find any duplicates airports for Zurich, and remove all the extra, except the default from Microsoft.

Hasa

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:04:43 pm »
Thank You, Umberto,

I also thought initially it was a scenery conflict, but beside of the already mentioned add-on sceneries I had only installed  Ultimate Traffic 2, which I uninstalled in the meantime.
I did not know the FSX Airport Scanner so far and my knowledge of this program is therefore limited. Anyhow, I installed it right know, scanned my scenery.cfg but  could not find any traces of duplicates related to LSZH.

Is there another possible way to attack my problem?

If not, I shall try to resolve it by reinstalling the whole FSX , which I tried to avoid, because it is, as everybody knows, quite a boring matter!

Thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
but beside of the already mentioned add-on sceneries I had only installed  Ultimate Traffic 2, which I uninstalled in the meantime.

What about the other sceneries from Flylogic ? Have you uninstall them as well ?

Anyhow, I installed it right know, scanned my scenery.cfg but  could not find any traces of duplicates related to LSZH.

The FSX Airport Scanner will only look for AFCAD (=Airport BGL files which contains runways, navaids, taxiways, etc. ), but it won't look for any possible conflict created by another scenery, those need to be searched manually.

Try to disable in the Scenery Library everything that might be related to Zurich or Switzerland, and see if the problem goes away.

Hasa

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:07:28 pm »
Thanks again!

I actually did not uninstall the Flylogic Sceneries, but I deactivated today all my add-on-sceneries step by step.  Finally only the original FSX sceneries and LSZH remained activated in the  library, but still no result, still concrete instead of meadows in Zurich !  I capitulated !

I uninstalled the whole mess  and started with a complete reinstallation of FSX and its  add-ons. It is not yet fully completed, but it seems that my problem vanished.
I still wonder what was wrong with my old installation, but anyhow, thank you very much for your assistance !