Author Topic: Can't customize parking positions  (Read 828 times)

Pirateinparadise

Can't customize parking positions
« on: December 05, 2022, 09:55:26 pm »
I just noticed that I no longer can customize a parking spot.

I am sitting at the default KCLT gate C7. There are no .ini files at all for KCLT in C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

If I go into customize position and change from a marshaller to a T1S-42 and check the box to disable staircases (or ANY other change) and then exit the customization screen, the change is accepted. If I try to make any other changes to the airport, I get an error about "No parking match" with a "OK and restart" button. This just started today.

Screenshot below.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 12:12:17 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't customize parking positions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 11:20:14 am »
I just noticed that I no longer can customize a parking spot.

I am sitting at the default KCLT gate C7. There are no .ini files at all for KCLT in C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

Well, not exactly.

You can't customize a parking spot on an airport that has already an internal custom profile for an FSDT scenery ( in this case KCLT ) that, due to having enabled the SU10 Navdata option, GSX no longer can enable/disable based on the loaded .BGL because...there's no loaded .BGL anymore, only the ICAO matters but, while you could normally fix any .INI profile conflict by simply removing the .INI that doesn't match the scenery, in this case, even with no .INI, an internal profile for KCLT has already loaded by GSX.

We'll need to find a specific solution for this. The only temporary workaround you can use right now, is to remove this file:

Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports\kclt_fsdt_MSFS.pye

Remove all .INI you have for KCLT in %APPDATA% and Restart Couatl, should work normally. Note that file will come back when running the FSDT updater.

Pirateinparadise

Re: Can't customize parking positions
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 10:35:19 pm »
Thank you very much.

I'll just wait to see how things go in the future. I run the updater daily, so I'd either need to write a powershell script or manually delete them daily as well.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.