Author Topic: Please add an option to add "traffic jam" for boarding PAX  (Read 1179 times)

Brokenbroccoli

Please add an option to add "traffic jam" for boarding PAX
« on: August 26, 2022, 02:14:58 pm »
I've never boarded a plane without having to queue up in the jetway or on the stairs. I have set the PAX density to "very high", now boarding 150 people takes not even 5 minutes and they all can just walk inside the plane. I'd love to see a queue in the jetway waiting to get on board, that would be so much more immersive and would match the boarding of the Fenix efb (15-25min) much better! Can you add this please?

steveuk86

Re: Please add an option to add "traffic jam" for boarding PAX
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 02:35:57 pm »
+1

Fiorentoni

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 02:42:07 pm »
I've never boarded a plane without having to queue up in the jetway or on the stairs. I have set the PAX density to "very high", now boarding 150 people takes not even 5 minutes and they all can just walk inside the plane. I'd love to see a queue in the jetway waiting to get on board, that would be so much more immersive and would match the boarding of the Fenix efb (15-25min) much better! Can you add this please?

If you want the boarding to take longer, just lower the density? "dense" will get you to 15-20 minutes boarding time for 150 pax, "normal" to about 25 minutes.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 02:44:22 pm »

If you want the boarding to take longer, just lower the density? "dense" will get you to 15-20 minutes boarding time for 150 pax, "normal" to about 25 minutes.

Yeah but that makes it even worse to look at. Have you ever seen 200 people walking into an airplane one by one with like 20m distance to each other?

Fiorentoni

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 03:05:29 pm »

Yeah but that makes it even worse to look at. Have you ever seen 200 people walking into an airplane one by one with like 20m distance to each other?

Alright I get what you mean.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 03:31:04 pm »
Oh I've just seen there are even animations for waiting PAX. So should be possible to add this without even needing to make new animations. With those queues you could even set the time the boarding takes without needing to change the density.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 04:41:10 pm »
Bump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 04:46:07 pm »

Real life is complex and diverse, you have these situations:

But also THESE situations:

Nobody can say one is "right" or the other is "wrong".

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 09:34:40 pm »

Real life is complex and diverse, you have these situations:

I think those are either business-pax or late arrivers lol.
Well in those about 200 flights I took in my life as a pax, I had to queue up in almost every single one (poor eco passenger).
Would it be possible to add this as an option? I think boarding time span would also be much easier to control with that too.

Seth2413

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 12:03:08 am »
Wow if this is all the problems you have with GSX Pro half your luck.  Some of us havent been able to get it going since release.  passengers that walk and stop gee whiz what a luxury that'd be. 

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 09:33:34 am »
Wow if this is all the problems you have with GSX Pro half your luck.  Some of us havent been able to get it going since release.  passengers that walk and stop gee whiz what a luxury that'd be.

Well, you not being capable of installing a program has got nothing to do with this thread. If I pay for a program that enhances immersion by boarding pax but does it in an imo unrealistic way, I can suggest something for improvement, can't I?

disco79stu

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 11:29:38 am »

I asked for something similar a while back and kinda got laughed at…

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25172.msg165936.html#msg165936
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:31:17 am by disco79stu »