Author Topic: I'm DONE!!!!  (Read 5038 times)

drakar5

I'm DONE!!!!
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:36:40 am »
Have both KORD and KJFK...found that the couatl was not loading all the time when FSX starts spent 2 days on this forum trying to fix it and now feel like I wasted $65.75!! I am really considering un-installing FSX and start all over again from scratch........All those planes, add-ons , mods........To say that I am a little "Ticked" is a gross understatement!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I'm DONE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:18:55 am »
First, you should know that, as advertised everywhere on this website, we offer the scenery in TRIAL VERSION.

What is the point of offereing a freely downloadable Trial version ( which costs us money in bandwitdth, since not everyone that downloads the Trial buys the scenery ), other than letting users TRY the program on THEIR OWN system, to verify it works BEFORE purchasing ?

So no, don't even start trying the argument about having wasted your money: if you decided not to take advantage of the Trial, that's your choice, but you can't say you have been tricked into buying something that might not work on your system, because we offered every means to verify this beforehand.

Now, about the problem:

Couatl is not loading for only a few users, and unfortunately you are one of them, and we are working hard right trying to find out why, and we'll surely find out why, on a few users, it doesn't load.

Which is quite difficult, because we can't reproduce the problem in any way so, we are working in the blind, since the program WORKS, both on everyone's system AND on the vast majority of user's systems, which are several thousands.

There IS a very simple way to verify if there's a problem with your FSX config. I'm saying this, because we are not even sure if it's an FSX conflict with some other addon so, before telling you "reinstall FSX": you can try disabling ALL other modules, both in the DLL.XML and in the EXE.XML, leaving only bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe

I recall having seen something unusual with your EXE.XML: the Autothumbnail program was loaded twice. I don't know if this could be a problem, but I'd start removing everything except our modules, and at least see if the failure to load is caused by another module.

If it's not, it's no use to reinstall FSX, because the issue is somewhere else.

As I've said, we are working on it, because we don't have the slightest intention of leaving anyone behind, even if there are only an handful of users. But please, allow some time, and I'll surely get back to you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:24:34 pm »
We have just posted another update. Just run the O'Hare installar again to get it.

I'm not sure it will fix your problem, but at least (if the logs are enabled) it might give us better understanding what's happening.

drakar5

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:10 pm »
Umberto, I wrote I was  feeling "Ticked", that is slang for being angry, I am not accusing you or your company of tricking people into purchasing the product I am sorry if the was a disconnect in the translation. My frustration lies in that your product is and outstanding one and I enjoy most trying to make my FSX as realistic as possible, I spend more time scouring the internent for both free ware and payware and then painstaking isnstalling it then I do actually flying, I would say 2/3's the time I am doing stuff to FSX it is modifying it. There in lies my frustration, that this an execelllent product and I cannot not get it to run consistently. Sorry to have caused confusion in my meaning.

drakar5

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:33:17 pm »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have had the scenery running I noticed that the jetways at Ohare would sometimes over extend themselves to reach the cabin doors of the AI traffic leaving gaps in the jetway causing a floating sections of jetway appearance. Just an FYI, not a dig