Author Topic: Jetway not connected - New issue for me  (Read 1359 times)

DVA12924

Jetway not connected - New issue for me
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »
So here's a new one for me:

Arrived at the gate, GSX did not give any errors, asked what jetway I wanted to go to what door as normal. After I selected the jetway I could hear the beeps of the jetway moving and GSX said it was deboarding. But when I look over, the jetway never moved and the passengers are walking from the open door to the unattached jetway as seen here in this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/sb9g17

After deboarding was completed, I selected for GSX to disconnect the jetway and got this message: https://prnt.sc/sb9iem

I then selected GSX to attach the jetway and it worked fine. Never seen this happen before. In P3Dv4.5 latest updates, GSX fully updated, fully updated FSLabs A320.

As I have said in previous posts, at the time of downloading and installing any new scenery (payware or freeware) every single gate/jetway and parking position is tested and customized for the largest possible aircraft from the fleet I have that can fit in the spot. So I know for sure when this airport was tested (July 2, 2019) that everything worked. Again, at no time from boarding to the above issue at deboarding did I get any GSX or SODE error. Strange this is, the error in the second screenshot shows that the jetway was too high for the A320, but when selected again, it attached perfectly. Anyone have an insight on the cause of this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway not connected - New issue for me
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:16:49 pm »
That message you see it's coming from SODE. It's not possible to say more, if you don't indicate precisely:

- the scenery used. If it's not default or an FSDT scenery, indicate the scenery precisely.

- the gate used.

- if you made a customization for it. If you have, supply with your .INI file.

every single gate/jetway and parking position is tested and customized for the largest possible aircraft from the fleet I have that can fit in the spot

Testing with the largest airplane will not guarantee it will always work with everything. I would rather test with a medium airplane instead, something in between the smallest and the largest plane that can normally used on that parking.

But again, fact it worked on a 2nd try, seems strange. Note that, from the moment you accept the selection to dock a jetway in GSX, what happens next is handled by SODE, GSX sends the airplane doors coordinates to SODE and a "dock" command so, unless the airplane configuration changed ( or the airplane moved ) between each try, from GSX side, the data sent to SODE is always the same.

If it happens again, provide with the SODE log, which can be checked in the SODE Platform Manager.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:21:06 pm by virtuali »