Author Topic: Setup error  (Read 5938 times)

TWA Pilot

Setup error
« on: December 25, 2007, 03:35:41 pm »
I downloaded the Zurich Airport for FS9 went to install it and I got this.......:

Internal error;Expression Error "Runtime Error" (at14:710)
"056title=chek_Lap_Kok' is not a valid integer value

However it still installed but it's nowhere to be seen........I see the folder in my FS9 root files(not the addon folder), all the files Texture, Scenery etc is all there. I was going to buy it anyway  so I did and still nothing. When I opened FS I can see the file in the addon tab, but  noway to acativate it.........

Any ideas........??

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Setup error
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
Your scenery.cfg has an error: the faulty line is probably related to the Hong Kong airport. The installer tries its best to defend itself from such errors, but of course it can't handle all possible cases.

Try to fix your scenery.cfg, by editing it, or delete the chek_Lap_Kok section entirely. Since the section is corrupted, FS9 is already ignoring it anyway.

It might be useful if you send me via email your scenery.cfg before modifications, so we can update the installer adding another possible case of corrupted file to handle.

TWA Pilot

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 07:04:16 pm »
Okay.......what e-mail address should I send it to......?? Do you want me to modify the file, or you are anf going to, then send it back to me...??

Doug

TWA Pilot

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »
Removed the error, ran the installer again.......Works like a charm!! Zurich is another masterpiece!! Can't wait for O'Hare in mid-January or so!!
Do you still need the scenery cfg file.......??

Hope you have/had a Merry Christmas!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 08:39:14 pm »
Good to know you solved your problem.

My email is listed on the small email icon on the left side of the post, it's not needed to solve your problem (you have already fixed it yourself) but it might help us, if you send me your scenery.cfg as it was before the modifications, to improve the installer to be more resilient to syntax errors, it might help future users.

TWA Pilot

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01:01 am »
I have your e-mail address......(how emberassing) I can't figure out how to attach the file to the e-mail........

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:22:27 am »
Just use your normal email program instead of the forum.