Author Topic: The Blob?  (Read 1861 times)

crauds

The Blob?
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:32:35 pm »
This is a strange manifestation since GSX2.  This large colored object (reaches up to 200 ft agl)  appears suddenly during boarding if I switch to an outside forward facing or side facing view.  Can be seen from many views but not from inside.  After boarding it mysteriously disappears.  This image is from Perth Gate 52 but it has occured at YSBC and YPAD.  I thought it was a one time event at first (some random scenery glitch) but now it appears each time I load the B744.  I have FSX SP2 using Win 10.  This never occurred before GSX2 and I fly this plane from these airports very often.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

part-time-punk

Re: The Blob?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
You have accidentally summoned the mythical demon of Kurdaitcha. 
Try setting summon_demons=off in your fsx.config file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 02:02:24 pm »
That's a video driver bug or a wrong video settings, or a tweak in your FSX:CFG that shouldn't have been applied.

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

crauds

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:46:29 pm »
Video driver has not changed since 2017.  Still shows latest upgrade.  My FSX.cfg is mirror of previous cfg (before GSX2) except for GSX2 related permissions added.  I run nothing in compatibility mode...all is just WIN 10 v1709.  The strange thing is that as I move views around that monstrosity it changes shape and colors but after I posted and went back to my paused FSX, the image was gone.  The same thing happened at the other airports.  It appears and then it just disappears minutes later.  This is indeed the mystical demon!  It would be definitely a video issue if I could reproduce it or if it would always be present, but it just suddenly looms up and then just as suddenly eventually disappears.  Hard to test when it is seemingly a random appearance.  Also of note is that when I configured the gates I tested with 747, MD11, B767 after I had configured them and no "monsters" appeared.  It has only happened while loading an actual flight.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 02:53:15 pm »
Video driver has not changed since 2017

Then maybe it's time to upgrade it.

Still shows latest upgrade.

Do you mean you have a video card that haven't got any updates to its drivers since 2017 ?

My FSX.cfg is mirror of previous cfg (before GSX2) except for GSX2 related permissions added.

That doesn't mean it couldn't include a tweak or a setting that is not right for your system. Fact you didn't see it before, it's simply because before not so many animations of that kind (skinned vertex driven by bones) were ever displayed at the same time so, you couldn't notice any problems, because their number wasn't enough to expose it. You can try lowering the passenger density as well.

So, please, TRY doing what I asked. Update your video drivers to a current version, and try to see if offers the ability to do a clean install, to reset all settings to default.

If that doesn't work, RESET your FSX.CFG to default, add ONLY the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak (and NOTHING ELSE), and reinstall GSX.