Author Topic: GSX and FSLabs A319-X, Refuelling not stopping.  (Read 3395 times)

Stylie_

GSX and FSLabs A319-X, Refuelling not stopping.
« on: July 07, 2018, 11:24:36 am »
Hi There!
I have had an issue with the A319-X and GSX where, i will request fuel to be added, bu default it starts at around 2.5 tons of fuel. I start the refuelling and it does not stop, all the settings are set to what FSLabs recommend on their forums. I have not tried this with any other aircraft but have been using the feature for a long time with no issues. The only way to stop the refuelling is to exit the sim, which loses my panel state.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and FSLabs A319-X, Refuelling not stopping.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 01:34:47 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

With airplanes configured not to use the default Fuel/Load page ( those having the "Show Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling" option UNCHECKED ), GSX would NEVER touch the fuel on the airplane. It will just animated its fuel truck, while the airplane will refuel itself using its own procedures.

The only time GSX ever touches the fuel, is with airplanes (usually default or freeware planes) with that option *checked*, but not the FS Labs, since that option is properly disabled in the GSX configuration file supplied by FS Labs with the A319.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:50:38 pm »
Hi,

two flights with FSLabs A320. During the turn around and after setting the fuel quantiy on the MCDU INIT B page, the refuel truck did come and started refueling but the fuel flow only stopped on the quantity set for the first flight (higher than the one set on MCDU for the second filght) and the green messages continue to say "Refueling <amount>". The truck doesn't leave. Did not find a a way to stop it and send the truck away. Any hints? Thank you.

Antonio
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:53:48 pm by ajra1966 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:52:59 pm »
Please make a report indicating the exact quantities you had on board, and the exact sequence of operations you selected both in the plane FMC, and in GSX.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:57:36 pm »
Hi,

01. First flight (LSZH to EHAM) started with 6600 kgs and arrived at gate with around 2100 kgs and fully deborded.
02. Set INIT B PAGE fuel to 6.1 for the second flight.
03. Called the refueling truck.
04. It came, started the refueling automatically and the fuel flow only stopped at 6600 kgs, not at 6100 kgs as set.
05. For GSX, the refuel seems to continue as the green messages continued to show "Refueling <amount> gals.
06. Checked the FSLabs A320 refueling web page and it was indeed stopped.
07. Could find no way to make GSX end the refueling and proceed to next actions (catering and boarding).
08. Pushback did not work also as GSX was stucked in the refueling.
09. Executed pusback with IVAO and flew back to LSZH.
10. Arrived at the gate and fully deborded:  FOB = 3740 kgs, OPTIONS/FUEL = 3753 kgs, INIT B/BLOCK = 3.9
11. INIT B/BLOCK to 8.5. Did NOT touch OPTIONS/FUEL value.
12 After debording completed, called for truck.
13. Fuel flow started automatically and progress monitored on FOB and OPTIONS/FUEL was correct.
14. Again it stopped at 6600 kgs but this time the truck animation completed and the truck did go away (this time I only requested catering after the truck went away, don't know if it makes a difference).
15. It seems to me that GSX only reads the fuel value the first time after simulator starts and does not "reset" and read the current value at the moment the fuel truck is actually called.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:32:36 pm by ajra1966 »