Author Topic: KLM and China catering in Birmingham  (Read 2968 times)

WebMaximus

KLM and China catering in Birmingham
« on: November 07, 2016, 10:37:59 am »
Here's a picture from Birmingham during the catering services being active and as seen the catering vehicles is from KLM and China Southern. Maybe this is seen IRL as well in Birmingham but it does feel a bit odd to me seeing a Chinese catering vehicle in Birmingham in England.

I've asked about this before but guess I never really understood if there's anything I could do to change this without learning how to use the paintkit for GSX and start going through each and every one of the GSX catering vehicles?

If possible I would be more than happy to only have one catering operator such as Gate Gourmet (or whatever it's called) that would look good regardless what airport I'm at.

Could I somehow just manually delete all other catering liveries and then change in some cfg files to make sure only the livery left would be used at all airports?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94801887/KLM%20and%20China%20catering%20in%20Birmingham.jpg
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:48:38 am by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLM and China catering in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:49:21 am »
Have you installed the fix discussed in the thread named "Catering Services not available for this aircraft **SOLVED**" ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14302.msg105651.html#msg105651

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:57:53 am »
I think I did but will double-check.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 12:14:51 pm »
I'm positive I installed this once already but still I had the original one so guess it must have been replaced.

Anyway the fixed file is now in place again and I will do some more testing to find out if the problem is resolved.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 01:40:39 pm »
After applying the fix I was presented with a menu where I can pick the liveries myself.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself but is there an easy way to configure beforehand what catering livery should be used for a specific airport so I don't have to pick one via the menu in real time?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »
Sorry if I'm repeating myself but is there an easy way to configure beforehand what catering livery should be used for a specific airport so I don't have to pick one via the menu in real time?

Reading the PaintKit documentation, will explain how the scoring system works, so you might try to modify the catering SIM.CFG files according to what you learned.

However, any changes you made to the default SIM.CFG files that ships with GSX, will likely overwritten during updates, so it's probably safer if you do it only for your own custom repaints.

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 05:54:12 pm »
Ok.

Not willing to invest that much time and effort into it. Was hoping there was a quick and easy way to accomplish this but no big deal. I'll just carry on as it is now.
Richard Åsberg