Author Topic: disable operator selection?  (Read 2273 times)

Guenseli

disable operator selection?
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »
Hello,

is it possible in a way to disable the operator selection?
(where it asks which operator should be choosen - Lufthansa, Condor, etc.)

If not, could you please consider to implement it in a future update?
I'm fie with the standard selectio of GSX and wouldn't have to make an additional click ;)

many thanks
Günter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: disable operator selection?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »
You don't have to do any additional click, if you don't want to. Just wait, and the menu will automatically close, choosing the operator labeled as "[GSX Default Choice]"

Guenseli

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 06:46:19 am »
Thanks for answering, Umberto.

Yes, I know, but I just thought it could maybe not to difficult to give the option to hide that window.

And also to make the question "do you want to start engines before pushback" default OFF and make it tied to special aircraft if one wants to eneable it. I think most do not use that option? (And the former reason, the Dash 8, has been resolved)

many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 11:49:46 am »
We'll consider adding these options.

My fear is that something similar to the "Verbosity" slider will happen. This was added following popular request to be able to turn off "annoying" messages from GSX. I was a bit opposed to it, but we added it anyway.

This resulted in an *increase* in support burden, from users complaining about various services not starting or GSX not working, only to discover they turned the Verbosity slider all the way down, so they were missing all the things GSX was trying to say, like the parking being too small, the parking brakes not set, the doors still open, etc.

The risk with having too many configuration options, is that you might be overwhelmed by then, or forgot when or why you set them in a specific way, and then you think the program is acting strange, because of it.

Guenseli

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
Then simply add a message banner before anyone can post a support request which says:
"Please click the "RESET" button and check if your problem still occurs!!!"

;)