Author Topic: GSX not recognizing FSDT and FlightBeam add-on airports  (Read 15867 times)

BuddyDog

Re: GSX not recognizing FSDT and FlightBeam add-on airports
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 02:59:37 am »
I have now deleted those files twice, let the scenery rebuild (I am running of a SSD so it seems to go very fast), still have the same problem.  I decided to restore the system to today, as the roll back seemed to cause FSX to not start.

I think my next step should be an uninstall of GSX, then a full reinstall and paying attention to what the pop-up says on install about AFCADs.

Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but this is Win 7 and FSX is running alone (ie not in C:\program files\FSX but C:\FSX).

I am stumped!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:56 am »
I am now rolling back my config to prior to the GSX update 1.9 (version 1.8.9) and will see how that works, then uninstall and do a full reinstall of GSX.

Don't try to do that. It will cause a big mess of everything because, after a Major Update, you can't go back to a previous version, unless you install with the network cable disconnected.

So, if you want to do it as a test, that's fine, but just don't do it and if you find any difference, REPORT IT, and don't use the old version.

BuddyDog

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 02:44:13 am »
Ciao Umberto!

I uninstalled GSX and did a full re-install with the new installer tonight.

While it was installing I received a pop-up message asking if I wanted to update the AFCAD's.  When I first installed it, I said yes ( and had the problem), this time I said no.  It does not seem to make a difference, when I arrive at KDEN, it still only has the parking assignments for Aurora airpark, which is about 8 miles S of RWY 35L.

Any suggestions how to clear the conflict?  Keep in mind I am not a computer whiz.

Grazie!

pilot3033

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 08:24:21 am »
I also did a fresh install of GSX. Landing at LAX from JFK (both FSDT), GSX showed me the "YouControl" option, but when I went to select parking options it showed me the list for nearby KHHR. I landed on runway 24R and ended up taxiing to gate 37A in Terminal 3. GSX did not recognize I was in LAX until I restarted coutal.

It's almost like GSX picked the airport I was closest to while on final approach and then refused to changed it.

BuddyDog

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 01:59:20 am »
Ciao Umberto!

An update to my situation.  Today I did a flight from FlightBeam KSFO to FSDT KLAS, using the SUNST3 arrival for RWY 25L at Las Vegas. When I arrived at KLAS and taxied off the runway, GSX recognized where I was and all the services worked just fine, including Follow Me car, SafeDock and luggage cars.

In my experience so far, I only seem to have AFCAD problems with RWY 35L at KDEN and RWY 25L at KLAX.

Next to try is a South landing at KDEN and see what happens at RWY 16L.

Could there be something in the GSX upgrade that thinks KDEN 35L is Aurora airpark and KLAX 25L is another nearby airport.

Grazie for all your time and attention to my problem(s). :)

Buon Natalie!  ;D

pilot3033

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 08:49:27 pm »
Ciao Umberto!

An update to my situation.  Today I did a flight from FlightBeam KSFO to FSDT KLAS, using the SUNST3 arrival for RWY 25L at Las Vegas. When I arrived at KLAS and taxied off the runway, GSX recognized where I was and all the services worked just fine, including Follow Me car, SafeDock and luggage cars.

In my experience so far, I only seem to have AFCAD problems with RWY 35L at KDEN and RWY 25L at KLAX.

Next to try is a South landing at KDEN and see what happens at RWY 16L.

Could there be something in the GSX upgrade that thinks KDEN 35L is Aurora airpark and KLAX 25L is another nearby airport.

Grazie for all your time and attention to my problem(s). :)

Buon Natalie!  ;D

I recall reading something in the release notes that mentioned adjusting how GSX determined where you were, maybe by changing the radius for airports? I get the feeling that when you land at an airport like KDEN, or at the edges of LAX and such, you are in an area with overlapping radiuses and so GSX thinks you're not where you are. It just doesn't adjust to the closer airport as you get closer to it, like it used to. (As I mentioned, this used to happen to me at KPDX where GSX thought I was at a smaller, uncontrolled field near the departure end of one of the runways).

BuddyDog

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 11:43:45 pm »
O.K. I did some more testing and I am optimistic.

Took an A319, used RWY 35L at KDEN as my starting point, activated GSX, which recognized where I was and GSX services were available, along with all the terminals and gates.

Took the same aircraft, put it at RWY 25L at KLAX as the starting point, activated GSX and it recognized I was at KLAX and had all the terminals and services available.

I do not know, but could my problem be cured?

Umberto, does this make sense?

Grazie!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 12:13:58 pm »
I do not know, but could my problem be cured?

Umberto, does this make sense?

We are looking into it to find a better proper solution, because it seems there are issues when two airports are very close. As a temporary solution, you can disable the less important airport using the disable_on_airports option in the Couatladdons.ini file, as explained on the manual.

For example, in case of KDEN, you might want to disable the 01V icao, in order to not interfere with Flightbeam.

crauds

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I am having the same problem with major default airports that have smaller GA airports close by.  For some reason v1.9 prefers the AFCAD for the small airfield rather than the major one.  I am excluding the small ones using the technique you outlined in the manual but it seems I am having to do that with every airport.  I am eagerly awaiting a better solution.  Something different with this version because never had this problem with previous versions/updates.

Cheers!

Craig

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:33:05 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »
Please apply the latest Live Update, we found what the problem was, and fixed it.

crauds

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »
Thanks, Umberto!

Deleted my exclude airports and tested GSX at each and everything now seems to correctly recognize the proper AFCAD.  Thanks for your quick fix.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

BuddyDog

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 02:55:05 am »
Thank you so much, Umberto, for your patience with my problem.  I am looking forward to more flights with GSX at arrivals.

Well done!!