Author Topic: Not Getting Parking Distance Displayed  (Read 3400 times)

philbrown

Not Getting Parking Distance Displayed
« on: October 19, 2014, 12:11:00 am »
I see that sometime in September a new parking system was introduced which displays numbers on the screen.

I can't say I've ever seen this actually functioning when I use GSX.

I do remember seeing the first attempt, with the details on the green bar.
But the new way I can't get working.

I've verified that the FSDT_Font folder exists in FSX\SimObjects\Misc, and all of the files are there.
I've re-downloaded the latest file from the FSDT web site. I've ran the Live Update. It says I have the latest version, and I've told it to re-install the latest version.

But I still don't get the new parking guidance.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

-Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not Getting Parking Distance Displayed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:10 am »
I can only confirm that, if you have the FSDT_Font in the Simobjects\Misc folder and you have the latest Live Update, the distance readout WILL be displayed. This user here, asked a way to turn it off...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10939.0.html

Note that, the distance readout works ONLY with the Marshaller, it won't be used for Docking system, since they have their own methods to indicate the distance and lateral deviation.

psykie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:03:14 am »
Hello Virtuali

I have been tracking this topic since I too do NOT see the "display numbers on the screen".  I looked in my FSX\Sim Objects\Misc Folder and I DON'T have the FSDT_Font folder.  How do I get that?  Thanks.

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:21:42 am »
I looked in my FSX\Sim Objects\Misc Folder and I DON'T have the FSDT_Font folder.  How do I get that? 

In 3 different ways:

1) From the thread that discussed this feature:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10803.msg83909.html#msg83909

OR

2) Dy downloading any one of the 4 vehicles updates from the GSX page ( the 4th is usually enough, if you have updated your vehicles fairly recently )

OR

3) By downloading the current Full GSX installer.

philbrown

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »
After re-sinatlling a few times and it still not working, I tried an uninstall then a re-install. The numbers are coming up now.