Author Topic: Cycling Through Actions  (Read 2792 times)

StevieM

Cycling Through Actions
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:15 pm »
Hi

Just wondering (apologise if it has been asked before) is there a way for the Operations at Gate ie
- Request Deboarding
- Request Catering
- Request Refueling
- Request Boarding
 to follow on from each other automatically ?
Basically what I am asking is if I select deboarding all the actions take place sequentially and automatically to say give a complete cycle time of around 20-30 minutes.  It would then stop ready for the pushback selection.
Thanks for any comments
regards
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cycling Through Actions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:19:59 pm »
to follow on from each other automatically ?

If you select all of them one after the other when starting, they will be queued, and will proceed automatically. Of course, they would stop from time to time if your input is required, for example to open a door or to load fuel.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:36:18 am by virtuali »

StevieM

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:39:14 am »
Hi

Thanks for that. 

This will obviously do what I ask, I wonder however if there is any intention in the future to have a one hit button to cycle through rather than open the window and select all the processes one after the other.  It would just make that auto process a little more user friendly ?

cheers
Steve

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:25:27 pm »
I suppose it's not hard for them to add a "queue all actions" button, but you're not actually going to need every service at every gate or in every situation. Refueling, for example, might not occur on a series of through flights (dispatchers can calculate weight and add enough fuel for several legs until an aircraft gets to where gas is less expensive). Catering, likewise, might not be available at an airport that is flown into infrequently, and the crew would have enough for the return leg.

StevieM

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »
As you say not needed at all airports just thought it would be a nice thing to have.  I would say to keep the current options as well so it is then up to the pilot to decide.  ;)