Author Topic: P3d Issues with the FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1  (Read 15356 times)

Butch

Re: P3d Issues with the FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 01:51:29 pm »
I did not find this file in V 16.1.

FA-18.dll in P3D/gauges folder?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:28:25 pm by Butch »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »
I think maybe he meant HornetFCS.dll, but I may be wrong.
As long as it's in the plane's Panel folder it'll work fine, but if you put it in the sim's ...\Gauges folder more than a single plane can use it.
For it to work, though, the correct C++ Redistributable must be installed, which is what VC_redist.x86.exe in the Redist Update folder, in the v17.1 zip file, is designed to do. The v16.1 iinstaller should do it automatically. As long as you ran that, the HornetFCS.dll SHOULD function correctly. If you do NOT get a FCS Failure message in a green bar across the screen, and/or on the HUD, when you first load the plane in, that isn't the problem, i don't think...
Is your default flight, by any chance a cold-n-dark set-up? That can cause problems like this. If it is, try setting your default flight to the original default flight the sim came with. A quick, easy, way to do that, as you may know, is in the (for FSX, I presume P3D has a similar file) FSX.cfg file, under the [USERINTERFACE] heading, in the line SITUATION= simply delete anything after the "=" sign, the restart the sim. That's just a thought, though.
You did check, I presume, that the Battery and two Generator switches were all on. That could cause what you're seeing, if they aren't.
I'm just throwing out anything I can think of, in the hopes something will stick :)
Pat☺
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:54:37 pm by PhantomTweak »

ctec1

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
FA-18.dll wont be included in the Hornet addon. Its installed with FSX and is located in the FSX/gauges folder. Its part of FSX. Prepar3d doesnt have a hornet as default aircraft. I believe P3d omitted the FA-18.dll since theres no hornet that would require its use. I also assume that the FSXBA hornet needs FA-18.dll to function properly.

I had this issue back at P3D v1.4. you need to copy the FA-18.dll from your FSX install to the same location in P3D which would be in the gauges folder in your P3d folder.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:54 am »
I apologize. I didn't know about the F-18.dll situation.
As I have mentioned, I don't have P3D, so I wouldn't know about that particular file.
Thank you for setting me straight. I'll remember this in the future, you can bet on that :D
Pat☺

Butch

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 01:55:33 am »
FA-18.dll is needed for P3d use otherwise you got black screens; Now the CRT screens work. Should of included that file in the P3D setup installer.
The plane is a little shaky on assent under max smoke (full burner)  and the bitchin' betty I wish I could turn off but oh well, it's still nicely done.  :)

Hope the Next update is even better.

This is pic from P3d screen:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:02:24 am by Butch »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 07:47:22 am »
Fantastic! Glad you got her working.
Now, go enjoy her. I'm with you, waiting eagerly for the next update.
I won't swear to it, but I'd wager the various textures will work with the v17.1 you also downloaded. You would need to move the texture folders from the v16.1 Base to the v17.1 folder, then the blend in (combine in?) to texture folders from the the Training loadout. That should, I think (rarely) make them work in the v17. Of course you'll have to adjust the aircraft.cfg to add all the various [fltsim] sections. And you'll have to adjust the fallback commands in the texture.cfg files too.
Lotta work, and some of it repetitious. On the other hand, you might be able to move the aircraft.cfg, and .air files, along with the panel folder, over to the v16.1 folder. That might work to get the textures and still have the v17 improvements. You'll need to add all the [fltsim.X] sections to the aircraft.cfg of course. I would strongly advise backing up any and all the v16.1 files before you try it, though.
Sorry, just rambling. Again, I'm glad she's working. Try some "post stall" or real high AOA maneuvers. This plane excels at them, even without the movable tailpipes of the F-35, for example.
In any event, have fun!
Pat☺