Author Topic: Airport not recognized **SOLVED**  (Read 2694 times)

mga010

Airport not recognized **SOLVED**
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:48 pm »
It is often the case that Ctrl-F12 shows only "Runway 8 Start" and "Parking" with parking positions 1 to 4. Obviously, the program is not recognizing my airport. This happened to me at EDDN or EDDM after landing. However, when I start at a gate in these airport, the program is working perfectly. Moreover, it works most of the time after landing, but not always. The airports are freeware addons. But I wonder why it works sometimes and not always.

Is there a way to force the program to recognize the airport I'm on?

:o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:01:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport not recognized
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:52:10 am »
The parking customization dialog in GSX will tell you which AFCAD GSX is taking its data from, so this will help you understanding what's causing the problem.

mga010

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:16:01 am »
I have now identified the problem on one airport. I have a freeware version of LSZH (Zurich) installed, and after landing, GSX thinks I am on Zurich Helipad JFLZ. I am flying an Airbus 320, however.

Can you solve this problem?

???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »
I have now identified the problem on one airport. I have a freeware version of LSZH (Zurich) installed, and after landing, GSX thinks I am on Zurich Helipad JFLZ. I am flying an Airbus 320, however.

Can you solve this problem?

The "airport inside airport" problem can be fixed as explained on the GSX manual, Page 21.