Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1153652 times)

einherz

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1140 on: February 09, 2016, 11:11:53 am »
:) hi, lol, after i rename dll/exe xmls, no error:) but fsuipc no work, and no work throttle:)
so, if no error, no problem, i think problem is - in fsuipc i have reverse zone for throttle
it would be cool if will reworked light system, flood look really strange, and revers zone will work as engine of
thank you
p.s. i have other strange thing, when i start sim from simlauncherx with hornet is load ok, but if i choice hornet from my defoult flight in p3d, is say about tailnumber problem, and wont start till i change tail number to number form letter+number:)
thank you
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:38:47 am by einherz »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1141 on: February 09, 2016, 10:46:36 pm »
Gents,

Updated jet link.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZVU1jaVUtTXZIVVU/view?usp=sharing

Fixes/changes include:
-Autopilot Trim:  To alleviate a pitch problem experienced when the autopilot is disconnected, an adjustment was made so that the trim will automatically zero itself out after it detects that autopilot has been disengaged for about 2 seconds.  From there, trim functionality operates as normal.

-Powered Approach (PA) Trim:  FCS automatically and incrementally sets the demanded AOA trim to 8.1 upon transitioning to PA approach mode with gear down AND either HALF or FULL flaps.  Once 8.1 is dialed in, pitch operates as normal.

-Stall Recovery Trim:  If minimal stick input is detected above 22 deg. AOA, the system will start to automatically induce elevator down trim until AOA is once again below 22 degs.  The logic will cancel and/or zero the trim out if pilot elevator input is detected, or once the nose is back below 22 degs AOA.  From there, the FCS will again trim to seek 1G, zero pitch rate flight.

-Made some tweaks to the pitch, roll, yaw and AOA PIDs.  Got better reviews on this one.

-"Splinter" texture is now included.

Just a quick update, I expect to be releasing another in a few weeks with a few updated textures and avionics.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Victory103

« Reply #1142 on: February 10, 2016, 04:23:52 am »
BZ here on the latest, jimi. Test flight (prior to above posted update) with RW weather on, high winds here in TX and noticed the FCS seemed to over-compensate rudder inputs, large left/right deflections in UA mode regardless of autopilot use. As I was mainly testing tacpack functionality, all systems worked 4.0 with some of the same limitations noted in other posts. The HUD targeting worked pretty good, I could designate with the "pickle" while the MASTER ARM was off, prior to reversing to employ MK82s.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1143 on: February 11, 2016, 01:20:06 am »
I may not be able to do a lot of testing on this latest version till after The Race, but I an tinterhooks! I've got it DL'd and will install and fly the heck out of it as soon as The Race is done :D

Hopefully with us (FlightSim) as the winners. Again :)
Pat☺

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #1144 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:03 am »
Back after a long time.

Awesome work Jimi :)

...........I've been able to get a reliable crash by selecting the ACL page with a valid GPS waypoint and "WPT" boxed on the HSI; this might be a bug in the original FSDT hornet avionics and not your problem. ............

This is a bug, as old as the FSX Hornet itself. Has always been there from the first iteration of FSX Acceleration.

einherz

« Reply #1145 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:51 pm »
hi, thank you for update, do you can change name of dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau for something original? is any time problem after update, forgot change it:) i have same file in the /gauges/ so it conflicted with first start:)
thank you

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1146 on: February 14, 2016, 08:38:58 am »
Hi all! Things are great in the Sim Universe :D

I just discovered, by accident, naturally, there is a update to the Visual C Redistributable 4 X86. Oddly enough, it is v4.5. Shhould I download and install this? Would it make the Hornet.dll work better? no difference?
I'm just wondering. The v4 is working just fine, and i really don't want to mess that up, but you never know when an upgrade is an improvement, or a step backwards...

I am certain Mr. Orion will have the answer. He always does :D
Pat☺

Orion

« Reply #1147 on: February 14, 2016, 09:08:52 am »
Are you referring to the .NET Framework (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5a4x27ek(v=vs.110).aspx)?  The .NET Framework is different from the Visual C++ libraries.  HornetFCS.dll is written using C++ and linked with the Visual C++ 2015 libraries (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49984).

brunofer

« Reply #1148 on: February 15, 2016, 10:40:30 am »
Hello Jimi! Just downloaded the latest FA18C version! GREAT WORK. Thank you. I' m quite new here, so can you give me please the dwl link for the latest D version? Thank you!!!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1149 on: February 15, 2016, 05:03:26 pm »
Gents,

Thanks for the good words and good feedback. Much appreciated.

Hello Jimi! Just downloaded the latest FA18C version! GREAT WORK. Thank you. I' m quite new here, so can you give me please the dwl link for the latest D version? Thank you!!!

Still trying to get the C in order first. No new D for now.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

brunofer

« Reply #1150 on: February 15, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »
Ok !!! One question : shift+E+2 doesn't open the ladder neither adds
RBF and chocks: I'm doing something wrong or is something to be fixed?

sidoti

« Reply #1151 on: February 15, 2016, 11:50:08 pm »
Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum and want to thank all of you for the amount of informations provided here.
I notice a visual error on the pilot figure for C model: the helmet is oriented ahead to the nose of the jet where it is supposed to be but the face
of the pilot is turned to the left! Also the helmet looks like the type used in helicopters rather than in fighter jets ( visible microphone and no oxygen mask ).
Is there a way to fix it?

Cheers.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1152 on: February 16, 2016, 12:29:11 am »
Ok !!! One question : shift+E+2 doesn't open the ladder neither adds
RBF and chocks: I'm doing something wrong or is something to be fixed?

Not just you man.  Currently working to find out what is causing the issue.  Will report back once I find something.

Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum and want to thank all of you for the amount of informations provided here.
I notice a visual error on the pilot figure for C model: the helmet is oriented ahead to the nose of the jet where it is supposed to be but the face
of the pilot is turned to the left! Also the helmet looks like the type used in helicopters rather than in fighter jets ( visible microphone and no oxygen mask ).
Is there a way to fix it?

Cheers.

Hello and welcome Sidoti.  Unfortunately what you've noticed is a glitch in the 3D model.  Due to the lack of access to the original 3D model source files, I can advertise a fix for it anytime soon.  BTW, the helmet/boom combination is the one used by the Blue Angels as their pilots do not use Gas Masks during their routine.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Dman

« Reply #1153 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:59 am »
Isn't... shift-e-3..  For the ladder?

AvgeekJoe

« Reply #1154 on: February 16, 2016, 08:01:19 am »
I would really, really like this FSXBA Hornet except in Windows 10, I'm flying about great for about 10 minutes with TacPack on and then the FSX frames start to shut down.  Then the Hornet starts thinking I want to go side to side.  I've got the stick neutral and yet I look down in the VC only to see the VC stick swinging like there's no tomorrow.  Meanwhile the pilot is stuck looking left like he's doing the Blue Angels Echelon Pass...

I then make the same run through the same valley in the brand new RealAir Legacy V2.  No issues whatsoever.

Seriously what is going on?