Author Topic: Reload of KLAX **SOLVED**  (Read 3009 times)

por930

Reload of KLAX **SOLVED**
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Had some issues with my hard drive, so techs have 'cleaned' it. I suspect they made a mirror of it( I see a new program on my screen called Drive Image XML), removed every thing then did some work on the drive and replaced every thing. All programs seemed to work ok.

Anyway...When I started up FSX, It gave me warnings about a different machine when FSDT items were being loaded?, offered to check validity etc, and eventually came back ok for GSX and JFK2, but not happy with KLAX. Every time I loaded the key supplied with receipt, FSDT said it was not correct for KLAX v2... (JFK and KLAX were purchased together 12/29/2013.
So, I removed the version of KLAX that was loaded and re-downloaded KLAX from your site in case my original load was damaged some how, and then tried to re-apply the key supplied in receipt via cut and paste into the serial No field when I run addon manager. It again said the key was incorrect. When it give me the option to fill in a registration box, this box, despite what it says does not allow for cut and paste entries, and again manual entries are 'incorrect'

I must be doing some thing wrong?

Regards

Geoff
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:33:32 pm by virtuali »
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reload of KLAX
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:12:35 pm »
then tried to re-apply the key supplied in receipt via cut and paste into the serial No field when I run addon manager. It again said the key was incorrect.

Cut & Paste might just be the issue here, it's possible you are also pasting invisible characters that makes the number wrong, it happens depending on which email client you use. It's definitely safer to type the number.

Of course, the easiest solution of all, would be using the .REG file for KLAX that should still be in your "Home" folder (the folder with your name), assuming you made a backup of that one. Double click on it, and it will insert the serial in the registry, and that can't be possibly wrong, since the file was generated after your first successful activation.

por930

Re: Reload of KLAX
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 02:23:08 am »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for this. Maybe the cut and paste as you say could bring 'other' characters as well. I did make a backup of the 'Home folder'. So when i applied the KLAX double click, it registered correctly. Thank you for super fast response.

Regards
Geoff
Geoff