Author Topic: Taxi signs and static vehicles disappearing and reappearing  (Read 4950 times)

murphy87

Taxi signs and static vehicles disappearing and reappearing
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:16 pm »
Well just as the topic says. It's really annoying other than that i have no problems. I have all the required specs and all the settings set and it is still happening and I don't know what to do. I can share my FSX.cfg but don't think its the problem. I have all the latest drivers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxi signs and static vehicles disappearing and reappearing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:10:46 am »
I really don't understand what you CPU specs could help us in any way to understand your problem. Please, describe your problem with the scenery more clearly. What exactly disappear, when, when it reappears. etc.

Note that, all those objects are optimized by altitude and distance so, it's just normal they would disappear and reappear above/below a certain altitude and/or when outside/inside their loading ranges.

murphy87

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:25:52 am »
All the baggage carts utility vehicles and taxi signs while on the ground at gate and taxiing, just vanish then comeback but it repetitive like its a very slow blink. I posted my specs and my ati setup in ccc so you can see if I have everything correct and I meet the requirements for your scenery. I also noticed it at KLAS and KDFW. Love the scenery, just buggy at the moment for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:15:59 pm »
All the baggage carts utility vehicles and taxi signs while on the ground at gate and taxiing, just vanish then comeback but it repetitive like its a very slow blink.

Nobody ever reported a problem like this, or even a similar one.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

murphy87

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:32:42 am »
Well I unchecked the three boxes in the addon manager under tweaks at the bottom and it fixed the problem. Oh on another note this has nothing to do with KLAX but  with KDFW Gate C8 Jetway don't work and uses the jetway to the right of the plane instead, just thought I throw that out there hope it gets fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
Well I unchecked the three boxes in the addon manager under tweaks at the bottom and it fixed the problemπ

By default, they are as follows:

- View Optimization = Off
- Altitude Cull = On
- Ground Traffic = On

Altitude Cull is the option that turn on/off objects automatically below/above a certain threshold altitude from ground.

Ground Traffic controls dynamic vehicles created by the Addon Manager.

View Optimization is an option that removes objects that are not in front of you, to save even more memory and fps. It's OFF by default so, if if was On, you probably changed it and forget about it. It's probably best to be Off, because with some objects there might be problems like the one you reported, that's why we set it to OFF, by default.

Oh on another note this has nothing to do with KLAX but  with KDFW Gate C8 Jetway don't work and uses the jetway to the right of the plane instead, just thought I throw that out there hope it gets fixed.

We'll check this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:12:46 pm by virtuali »