Author Topic: GSX crash on FSX Launch  (Read 2755 times)

Samson

GSX crash on FSX Launch
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »
Chaps

Issue with GSX. I'll precis this by saying I didn't try the trial version, i was so impressed with the videos of GSX I'd seen I purchased it straight away.

On launching GSX I recieve the following message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-M_3tu0fttYQ/UuqQca3Nu2I/AAAAAAAAFNA/RIyaNS6O3gs/w473-h340-no/GSX+Error.PNG

and if I click yes I get the following
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L6lL2tZu1k/UuqQcapyeTI/AAAAAAAAFNE/41_hu576iaw/w368-h201-no/GSX+Error+2.PNG

I have tried everything i've found on the forums, including;
  • disabling antivirus
  • reinstalling, several times
  • restarting the computer
  • deleting all the eseller files
  • running a different bglmanx.dll
  • updating the separate parts of the installation (addon manager)

Any suggestions? i am not willing to conduct a full windows or FSX reinstall for the sake of one addon and would ask for a refund if there is no way to get it working.

Cheers
S
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:20:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crash on FSX Launch
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »
  • running a different bglmanx.dll
  • updating the separate parts of the installation (addon manager)

Doing this will *cause* that problem because, one of the possible causes of it, is a mismatch between different parts of the programs (files coming from older and newer installs)

- The antivirus must be *entirely* disabled when installing, and be configured to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

- Be sure you don't run FSX in any of the "Compatibility" modes. Everything on the "Compatibility" tab of the file Properties for FSX.EXE should be off.

- Try to Uninstall GSX and BE SURE you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ? and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?". Don't skip this step.

- Reinstall with the antivirus entirely disabled and pay attention if you are being asked permission to run both modules on the next startup. If you aren't, it means you skipped the previous step, so you must Uninstall/Reinstall again.

Samson

Re: GSX crash on FSX Launch
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:00:42 am »
Umberto

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried everything you have suggested and am still presented with the same errors.

Do you have any further suggestions? Updating the add on manager was only me grasping at straws trying all the suggestions in the forum from other people who have had the same issue. I have since attempted to install the software at least ten times with no resolution.

S