Author Topic: GSX still in trial mode **SOLVED**  (Read 10612 times)

markgsu

GSX still in trial mode **SOLVED**
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:04:30 am »
Alright so I did a search on here and followed all of the steps. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, turned AV off, added them to all exclusion lists, and running everything as an administrator. Still no luck... Product is still in trial mode and wont come out of it. Addon Manager and Couatl are all running and report that the product is active etc.

Any help here would be excellent. I am getting really frustrated, which doesn't help in the troubleshooting situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:17:59 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX still in trial mode
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:12 am »
Alright so I did a search on here and followed all of the steps. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, turned AV off, added them to all exclusion lists, and running everything as an administrator. Still no luck... Product is still in trial mode and wont come out of it. Addon Manager and Couatl are all running and report that the product is active etc.

All the steps you took were useless because they don't apply to your situation. Those steps are ONLY needed when either of the modules are NOT running at all, meaning they don't even start and one or both their menus are missing under the FSX "Addons" menu.

According to your report, your problem is entirely different, is that GSX seems to run in Trial mode.

The problem is likely caused by a problem with your user account permissions, try to change the "Compatibility" settings for the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe program, to run "As Administrator"

markgsu

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:53:47 pm »
Virtuali,
   Thanks for the quick response. Alright I have set the couatl.exe to run as an administrator. I have all of the AV exclusions are set. Whats strange is last night it was working but upon restarting FSX this morning (AV still completely off) it went back into trial mode. Very strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »
Thanks for the quick response. Alright I have set the couatl.exe to run as an administrator. I have all of the AV exclusions are set.

As I've said, the antivirus is entirely irrelevant to this issue. If you HAVE the Coautl menu visible and everything is running normally, but just in Trial mode, the antivirus is not the issue, the issue is likely permission settings on your account, which should be fixed by running Couatl.exe as Administrator, which is normally not required, but it will fix any problems with your user account.

Of course, be sure you use the very latest version of the program. If not sure, either download the current GSX installer, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, to be installed after GSX.

markgsu

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »
Alright, so its definitely a compatibility issue. I have the permissions set to run as an admin, but  I think FSX is not launching it with those permissions. So I launched couatl before launching FSX and it works fine. However, if I let FSX run it then it goes into trial mode. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:54:18 pm »
Alright, so its definitely a compatibility issue. I have the permissions set to run as an admin, but  I think FSX is not launching it with those permissions. So I launched couatl before launching FSX and it works fine. However, if I let FSX run it then it goes into trial mode. Any ideas?

Check you don't have set ANY of the "Compatibility" options in FSX.EXE, everything on that page should be off, the only thing that could be on or off is the "Run As Administrator" flag, but everything else in the Compatibility tab of the FSX.EXE Properties should be off.

markgsu

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 07:24:10 pm »
I had FSX running in WinXP mode for some reason. I think I read awhile ago that it helped with some of the issues that other addons were having. I have removed it. It appears that this has resolved the issue. Thank you for your help!