Author Topic: FLL stopped working  (Read 6496 times)

ctopher

FLL stopped working
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:40 pm »
Out of nowhere, this is what my FLL looks like with full version purchased and used over the past year.  Hopefully Pic uploads.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FLL stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:03 am »
Do you have both the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

ctopher

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 04:16:37 pm »
Thanks for the response.  For some reason I am not seeing "costal powered products" anymore.  Just "add on manager"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:44:41 pm »
For some reason I am not seeing "costal powered products" anymore.  Just "add on manager

The problem is likely caused by an antivirus update. Try this:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »
I don't get why everyone thinks when they first get a computer is they have to load it up with the most powerful and offensive  antivirus on the market. It's such a scam to get you to buy a $80 / year or more program that you don't need. Unless you are torrenting everyday, your computer isn't going to catch a virus from going to google. I think computers run much better without such offensive programs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:32:42 pm »
I think computers run much better without such offensive programs.

Well, not all antivirus misbehave. For example, the free and always updated MS Security Essentials doesn't require any special configuration to run our software, and doesn't mistakenly detect them as threats to begin with.

ctopher

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:06 am »
Didn't touch antivirus, good as new.  Thanks!

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:19:31 am »
Didn't touch antivirus, good as new.  Thanks!

:)