Author Topic: Coutal's use of cpu processing  (Read 4059 times)

Captain Fred

Coutal's use of cpu processing
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »
I shut down FSX and noticed that Coutal32.exe was still running and using 50% of my cpu's processing power. Is this normal?
I have noticed an unusual amount of time to load FSX and when checked the cpu of my six core processor jumped to 100%!
Is there some issue going on here that needs to be addressed?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutal's use of cpu processing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:49:07 am »
I shut down FSX and noticed that Coutal32.exe was still running and using 50% of my cpu's processing power. Is this normal?

No, it's not. It shouldn't use more than 1-2% of ONE of your cores. And, it's not even normal that is still running when you closed FSX, because it will close itself when FSX shuts down, the two are probably related.

Does this always happen ?

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:00:07 pm »
It has happened the past two times I quit and shut down FSX. Is there something I should redo?

Captain Fred

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »
Update: I uninstalled GSX and O'Hare X from my hard drive and ran FSX. What a difference! It was coutal sucking up the cpu processing power. Had a nice flight in a deHavilland DASH 8-300Q.
If I can't run GSX and O'Hare X how about a refund? I would like a solution to this problem if possible.  Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:19 pm »
Update: I uninstalled GSX and O'Hare X from my hard drive and ran FSX. What a difference! It was coutal sucking up the cpu processing power

Couatl doesn't suck any cpu processing power (not in any measurable way) and doesn't impact fps at all, and nobody ever reported this before. Have a look at this post, with the graph showing 0.0% cpu usage for the Couatl.exe process:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2674.msg22219.html#msg22219

If I can't run GSX and O'Hare X how about a refund? I would like a solution to this problem if possible.  Thank you.

There's no refund possible, because sell everything in Trial version so, you can verify how the software works on your own system before purchasing.

However, not having a right to a refund, doesn't obviously mean you don't have a right to be supported and, since this problem has never reported before, we should try to find what's affecting the program.

First, try to reinstall GSX first, using the current full installer, so we are sure you are up to date.

Captain Fred

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 05:02:55 pm »
Ok I will try reinstalling GSX and O' Hare X and see what happens. I still have the registry keys saved from the first install. Will let you know.

Captain Fred

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:07:58 pm »
Update: I reinstalled GSX and O'Hare X and everything is running fine. I don't understand what the issue was but it seems to be resolved with the re-installation.
Thanks for the help.