Author Topic: Stupid Me  (Read 3557 times)

Hipshot

Stupid Me
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:00 pm »
Hi,

I was stupid enough to install KLAX V2 and KLAS while FSX was running (not exactly concentrating) and now FSX crashes on start up. Tried uninstalling those two airports and restarting computer but that doesn't help. Assuming that was the cause of this problem does anyone know if I can repair this without having to uninstall and reinstall FSX and all the add ons?

Have installed other dream team airports (the correct way) and have not had this problem. I use Windows 7.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stupid Me
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
Please, describe the crash on start up precisely: it's a crash with some error message ? If yes, which one ? Or, it's a silent quit to desktop ?

Hipshot

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 04:44:20 pm »
The splash screen appears and then it's a silent crash to desktop. It just disappears. Computer keeps on working as normal.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »
The splash screen appears and then it's a silent crash to desktop. It just disappears. Computer keeps on working as normal.

- Reboot Windows

- Uninstall all the sceneries, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

- Reinstall them, without launching FSX.

Hipshot

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:00 am »
Thanks, Umberto. I did what you said and everything is back to normal. By the way, I really enjoy your airport sceneries and GSX. Looking forward to more airports.

Richard