Author Topic: no buildings  (Read 47271 times)

pme

Re: no buildings
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2008, 02:34:55 pm »
If you are *really* sure you never trusted this module ever, and you never instructed Windows to trust anything from us, even during with previous installations of other sceneries that use the Addon Manager (like Cloud9, Aerosoft Florence, etc), then something else is wrong either with your Windows installation, or there's a conflict with another module we never heard of. OR, your FSX SP2 installation wasn't entirely successful.

When you ask me that I start to hesitate. I installed LSZH in FS9 when it came out. The problem is, I can't remember installing it in FSX and, if I did, if I used it.
I can probably check that in an image of the harddisk I made around that time. I will come back on this when I have checked that.

I use ZoneAlarm Pro and cheked the programs control tab. I can see there that the "Couatl scripting engine" was trusted on 26th of September, but nothing on the Addon manager.

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

At first several dll's are loaded, but not the addon manager. After a few seconds so much information is passing that I can't read it anymore.

I am starting to think; would it be wise to start all over again? I have made images of the Windows and FSX partition before I installed FSX SP2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:48 pm »
At first several dll's are loaded, but not the addon manager. After a few seconds so much information is passing that I can't read it anymore.

If you press the Pause key on the keyboard, you can pause the screen scrolling, and go back to read what was written. The first lines are the most interesting.

pme

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2008, 03:32:35 pm »
These are the first lines:

0.00000 Simconnect Version 10.0.61259.0

0.04584 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Simconnect, MaxClients=64
0.11572 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=1134, MaxClients=64

1.38254 DLL loaded: Path="Modules\LVLD.dll" Version="1.4.2.1"
1.42845 DLL loaded: Path="Feelthere\B737\PIC737XH.dll" Version="1.0.0.1"
1.55747 Panels data export found and set to 20AF19E8
5.12049 DLL loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.3.0.0"
5.21960 DLL loaded: Path="I:\FSX\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll" Version="<unknown>"

After that this infomation disappears and a lot of scolling information is coming. This is a very long list and I don't know to copy this. But I assume this is enough.

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have an image of FSX at the time of installation of LSZH. It looks like I installed it in FS9 on the 14th of january.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2008, 03:38:46 pm »
After that this infomation disappears and a lot of scolling information is coming. This is a very long list and I don't know to copy this. But I assume this is enough.

It's enough if you are sure there aren't any other DLL that were loaded.

From what you are getting, it seems FSX is not even *trying* to load bglmanx.dll, so this at least excludes the possibility that the module was loaded, and it failed to run or crashed for any reason. So, the problem doesn't lies in the module itself...

Can you please check your DLL.XML file, located at:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

and post its content here ?

pme

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2008, 03:48:26 pm »
Here are the contents of XML.DLL

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
  <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>FeelThere PIC737X Helper</Name>
  <Path>FeelThere\B737\PIC737XH.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
  <Disabled>True</Disabled>
  <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
  <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2008, 03:51:45 pm »
Here are the contents of XML.DLL

Are you sure you posted the whole file ? That doesn't look like a legal XML file (is not closed). Try to simply Attach the file here (press "Additional Options"), instead of copying it and pasting.

pme

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2008, 03:59:45 pm »
Sorry, here it is, but I really think that is all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2008, 04:04:16 pm »
Sorry, here it is, but I really think that is all.

Yes, you haven't copied it all, the last lines were missing. The attached one is fine, instead.

Try with this one I've slightly edited.

[attachment deleted by admin]

pme

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2008, 04:19:41 pm »
No luck i'm afraid. And I started FSX, exited and started it again.
Would it help when I stopped my firewall and antivirus?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2008, 04:21:42 pm »
No luck i'm afraid. And I started FSX, exited and started it again. Would it help when I stopped my firewall and antivirus?

You can try.

pme

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2008, 04:33:39 pm »
Well, that didn't make any difference as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
I'm sorry to be out of options.

Just try this last one:

- Uninstall JFK, reply "Yes" when asked to remove the Addon Manager

- Reboot.

- Reinstall JFK

- Try to run it again but, as I've said before, the first time FSX launches, it might not run, and this is normal. Try it at least twice, after closing FSX cleanly.

pme

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »
It still doesn't work.

I must say that I very much appreciate  the time and efford that you have taken to help me.

For the moment there seems to be no solution to my problem, and off course, I was allready out of options the first time I contacted you.

Better to let it rest for a while. May be a solution will present itself in the near future.

In the mean time all I can do is to let you know when I have found a solution and come back to this forum at regular times.

Thanks again,

Peter

Silverbird

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2008, 09:16:38 pm »
It still doesn't work.

I must say that I very much appreciate  the time and efford that you have taken to help me.

For the moment there seems to be no solution to my problem, and off course, I was allready out of options the first time I contacted you.

Better to let it rest for a while. May be a solution will present itself in the near future.

In the mean time all I can do is to let you know when I have found a solution and come back to this forum at regular times.

Thanks again,

Peter

HI Peter that is indeed a strange thing happening with your install maybe something happened when you upgraded from sp1 to sp2 or could it be that other module is causing a conflict? I wish I could help more but my knowledge is limited hope you get it to work soon.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

pme

Re: no buildings. Finaly succeeded
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 10:07:06 pm »
I finaly succeeded in making LSZH, KJFK and KORD visible in FSX.

It looks like all I had to do was to remove a minus sign which was showing in the [trusted] section of the FSX.CFG at the end of the line. Every time I installed one of the airfields the bglmanx.dll file showed up in the trusted section while no messages came asking about trusting this file. The lines in the [trusted] section showed like this:

X:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.incuoquiqoeloouibirwhtnwckwtowwzaabiecaq=-1
X:\FSX\bglmanx.dll.nehubrluraqohniwiztbannruqcnonriboecbkel=-1

When I removed the minus sign in front of the Nr 1, so that it showed =1, the problems were solved.

I must mention that somewhere in the forum someone advised to uninstall the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable", because it could interfere with the 2005 version installed bij the Dreamteam programs. So I uninstalled that program some time ago, but with no result at the time.

I thought I should mention this because quite a few people seem to have problems with the addon menu not showing in FSX. After the two things I did mentioned above, the addon menu does show up in FSX now.

I am very glad it all works now, because I think FSDreamTeam is one of the best in making airfield scenery at the moment. It was a shame I couldn't see the airfields in FSX, but now I can, and they are a magnificent pice of work.

Succes to you all, and happy flying.

Peter