Author Topic: GSX disappears aft  (Read 3352 times)

frankpost

GSX disappears aft
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:13:46 pm »
Hi Guys,

New PC, installed GSX again; installed the Addonmgr; changed the startup key to ALT-F12; In GSX-settings ticked the Log-file; started GSX; Strairs appeared, but afte 3 seconds disappeared again. Couatl also dissapeared from the menu.

I read several messages on the forum about this issue and tried to apply them, but everytime with the same result.

Attached my Log-file.

Please HELP

Frank Post

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX disappears aft
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »
New PC, installed GSX again; installed the Addonmgr; changed the startup key to ALT-F12

The ALT key is reserved by FSX, it's best if you don't use it.

I read several messages on the forum about this issue and tried to apply them, but everytime with the same result.

Your log file indicate you are using an unsupported airplane, and you haven't made any configuration for it. Use the aircraft configuration editor in GSX, and create a proper config with all door assigned.

frankpost

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »
Tnx Umberto,

I changed the startup key to Shift+Ctr+F12 and loaded the standard B738.

Still GSX disappeared after some seconds (although I got more vehecles). Should I delete the Jetsream completely?

I tried to find info about the location of the doors for the Jestream but cannot find them. Sorry, I'm a little bit new to this.

Frank

frankpost

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »
Hi Umberto

I found the doorpositions and changed them in GSX.

Still GSX disappears after a few seconds...

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »
I found the doorpositions and changed them in GSX.

Then you must have changed them in the wrong way. Does it happen on a default airplane ? If not, than it's clearly a problem with your custom configuration. Be sure you try a default airplane using a default configuration. If you are not sure if you have customized it or not, use the Reset option in the airplane configuration, that will reset the configuration as default.

If it happens with a default airplane too, be sure you are using the latest GSX vehicles updates, they might be neeeded depending how old your full GSX installation was. The download links are on the GSX page of the site. Or, you can just download the full GSX installer again, which is surely updated with everything.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:52:02 pm by virtuali »

frankpost

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
Hey Umberto,

Thanks man. I downloaded the latest installationfile and used the default B738 and, to be certain, reset the doors. Everything works now. I'm very happy.

I fly with Prosim and used their Jestream which is an excellent plane. Hopefully someone will help me to find the correct doorpositions so I can use GSX with the Jetstream.

Many thanks for your help!

Frank